Golden Hat XXXVIII - Winners!

“Praise the Bull Father!”

Warcolours & Sjoerdo Presents: The winners of the 38th Golden Hat competition!

We had a stellar turnout of entries, with submissions spanning from siege towers mounted on monsters and armies to palanquins and scenery. It was gladdening to see all these weird and wonderful Chaos Dwarf creations!

And the winners are:

1st Place - Golden Hat Winner: Entry #8 - @Bessron
2nd Place - Silver Hat Winner: Entry #25 - @Zoddtheimmortal
3rd Place - Bronze Hat Winner: Entry #16 - @Reaver

The entry key!

01 - @Dedled
02 - @rollforwounds
03 - @Fuggit_Khan
04 - @Nergling
05 - @WillLiam
06 - @Jackswift
07 - @GhraskDragh
08 - @Bessron
09 - @Krulgorn_The_Mad
10 - @denelian5
11 - @Smiddy
12 - @Zanko
13 - @Horace
14 - @Hashoooot
15 - @IronHaiden
16 - @Reaver
17 - @Oxymandias
18 - @Goltor
19 - @Abecedar
20 - @Freakshow668
21 - @Uther.the.unhinged
22 - @Jasko
23 - @Loidrial
24 - @MichaelX
25 - @Zoddtheimmortal
26 - @LaketideMiniatures
27 - @PyroStick
28 - @KhamdrimSkyMaster

Medals will eventually come! Should you have earned a new Veteran’s Medal (gained at 5, 10, 15, 20, 25 and 30 main contests entered), please contact us and link us all your entries in all previous Golden Hat and Artisan’s Contest competitions on both old and new CDO (note: Scribe’s Contest does not count towards this purpose, but have its own Veteran Scribe’s Medal).

And now for the prizes!

First off, @Bessron and his tyrannical throne carriage will receive a €30 store coupon at Warcolours, courtesy of @warcolours :

For his ravening horde, @Zoddtheimmortal gets an unpainted kit of 8 Evil Little Buggers from @Sjoerdo :

While @Reaver with his statuesque palanquin will carry home a kit of Hook Monster, sculpted and donated by @ATOM :

On to a record number of random draw prizes! Top three winners were excluded from the random draw, and no entrant could receive more than one random draw prize.

@Smiddy wins the random draw prize of an evil dwarf painter, courtesy of @Zanko and @Clam :

@LaketideMiniatures wins the random draw prize of a kit of Tjubgob Command Set #1 from @Tjub and Admiralty Miniatures:

@Krulgorn_The_Mad wins the random draw prize of a Chaos Dwarf Bazooka team (bought off the Internet, and suspected not to be originals), courtesy of @Bessron:

@rollforwounds wins the random draw prize of a Titan Wargames Royal Guard Command kit sculpted by @Baggronor , courtesy of @Bessron:

And finally @KhamdrimSkyMaster wins the random draw prize of 5 Lost Kingdoms Magmhôrin Bul-Thaurs (cavalry size), kindly donated by @Hashoooot :

A big “thanks” to everyone who participated and voted, as well as a big thanks to Warcolours, @Sjoerdo , @ATOM , @Zanko , @Clam , @Bessron and @Hashoooot for their generous prize donations!

And that’s it for this round of Golden Hat. Now let’s see the participants’ entries in the blogs. :wink:

Next up, Scribe’s Contest!

The Staff

23 Likes

Also, please expect delay in messages going out to prize winners (and relevant donors). Tabs don’t work as they should for me at the moment, so either this will be handled by a volunteer, or I’ll return to it either tomorrow or next week when I’m back home next times.

Unusual technical difficulties have occurred.

4 Likes

Amazing! Congrats to the winners! Worthy winners (even if among these entries there couldn’t have been unworthy ones even if one tried).

8 Likes

Congrats all this was an amazing competition with incredible entries :clap:t2::clap:t2::clap:t2:

Evey time this competition comes around I’m so so impressed with continued creativity on this forum :hatoff:

9 Likes

Bravi to everyone!! This has been the biggest GH in so many years!!
I wanted touch those models from the 2nd prize, but in so happy to see @Zoddtheimmortal getting them while entering with 3rd edition horde! It’s so perfect, couldn’t fit better!

Best part for me was to see on discord people commenting my own Lamassu ahahahah mostly because some of you were even doubting that model was mine in the 1st place!
hahaha I love the fact that there are such mental people in here not sure of who’s the other mental guy to make such a beast hahahah

Love you all, you furry lot

I loved so much to see so many bestial entries, so many Lamassus and bulls, or parts of them
@Dedled as I told you in private already, your entry to me was a fucking homerun! What a magnificent work!! Cant wait to see the wip work!!

11 Likes

Loved that Lammasu Eddie, absolutely incredible entry and yes love this community for exactly that reason too :rofl:

10 Likes

Huge congratulations to all the winners, well deserved and well done to all entrants for making it so hard to choose.

9 Likes

Well deserved and some great prizes going to some great forum users. Very happy with these results!

9 Likes

Hello all,

What a competition, there were brain-teasing and truly incredible entries. I hardly knew how/which entry to vote for. The fact that we increased the number of entries to 5 made it more bearable but not easier.

Every one of them was exceptional and I would like to thank everyone who took part in the competition and of course those who voted for me (as always, I will pay out the gold afterwards for the votes I bought).

Thank you very, very much.

10 Likes

Bravo @Bessron @Zoddtheimmortal @Reaver ! Stunning work from yourselves and everyone else. Huge props as well to @Admiral and co for organising. What a community. This was my first GH contest and what a hoot it turned out to be. See you at the next one :+1:

8 Likes

Great competition admiral. 29 winners here (your entry should have been included).
By far the hardest to pick my favourites (5). Great idea though for 5 votes when so many great entries.

So many great really generous prizes too!

Thankyou very much whoever voted for me (silver gh makes me a very happy chaos dwarf today, no pillaging for me today-except for the beer fridge).

Well done bessron and reaver and everyone that entered.

I actually guessed wrong who painted your winning entry.

Eddy had 3 possible entries until i saw his head on the lammasu. Eddy you need a master of madness with your head on 3 times now.

A great celebration for chaos dwarfs!

10 Likes

Well deserved winners and a mighty round of applause for all entrants

5 Likes

What an awesome contest! To the winners, @Bessron, @Zoddtheimmortal, @Reaver, well earned trips to the pedestal! Beautifully crafted and skillfully rendered entries!

To all the other entrants, this community puts out amazing work. So many cool ideas, cunning builds, and well painted pieces.

I look forward to seeing each individual piece built and painted on your army blogs.

Cheers! JR

8 Likes

Great job everyone! This was such a blast! I can not wait to see all of your WIP paint blogs!!!

8 Likes

Grats to the winners and shout out to all the participants because there were so many great entries!

11 Likes

congrats! great turn out end exceptional levels of craftmanship!

11 Likes

Great work everyone, congrats to the winners!

Very high bar!

8 Likes

Great Entries! :beer: Congratulations to the winners, also from my side! :cd1980:

9 Likes

Master of Eddness it is!

8 Likes

Please… PLEASE! I’d pay bottom dollar to have a print of this shipped across the salty seas to the sandy beaches of pothole-land.

Well done to ALL entrants. Really immaculate showing and I can’t wait to discuss the details on the podcast. Unlike Bessron, I will not be paying my steampunk auto-vote-matons that clearly elevated the Tjubbly Fablanquin.

10 Likes