Hamlet Schweindergott’s Halberdiers

In preparation for a small border Prince campaign, I’ve begun putting together a little averland warband. First finished models are below.

More to come soon :slight_smile:

18 Likes

really fond of this yellow black scheme that we are seeing more and more around
great work and neat shields! with those few details you gave them more oompf.
more porcodio i’d say, but it’s the wrong context :skull1:

1 Like

Haha Schwein= pig Gott= God

So he is basically Hamlet Porcodio haha just didn’t sound empire enough so @Reaver helped me with the name haha

4 Likes

I see what you did there :wink: I think Schweinegott would sound a bit more authentic, though. Beautiful execution as always, especially the freehand on the shields. Plus Averlanders are great, that colour scheme just works. Was a hard decision for my empire project but in the end I opted for Ostland.

1 Like

immagineimmagine

1 Like

More syllables = more important?

I hope the upside down pineapple brigade get’s sliced and diced by their opposition. Filthy empire swine. At least they brought pointed sticks with them though.

2 Likes

Definitely needs to be Hamlet Freiherr von und zu Schweinegott then! And let’s not forget Duc Truffe.

4 Likes

Beautiful models as always. I love the grey tones on the skin. Really sets the mood.

1 Like

Started work on my knights today. Having too much fun working on the shields to get any actual painting done

13 Likes

Holy Cow (meaning Hashut, obviously), you’re crazy talented! These are awesome. And men looting orcs for a change? I dig it :wink:

2 Likes

for as much as i enjoy them, i gotta say, i dont see any fit on the models.
:rankcd1: curious to see how this will turn out! :rankcd2:

1 Like

I don’t fit the the models @Loidrial . The models fit me.

Going for some Ian miller grimdark nonsense. I want my empiremen to appear a little “moon touched”.

Also I wanted to paint faces so :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

no idea who’s the guy, but i just googled and this popped out. fantastic!

9 Likes

Yes mate. He’s a hero. Big inspiration for my gritty empire army

4 Likes

Absolute legend, Ian Miller. Huge inspiration.

2 Likes

@Loidrial and @Freakshow668 ive always thought this bit of his LOTR art always screamed Dawi Zharr

8 Likes

I think you have a personal quest to use every battlemasters model in an army or warband some where…
Will the wolf riders make an appearance soon? Haha

Love the shields. Wish I could paint like that

2 Likes

@Zoddtheimmortal I have an absolute affinity with monopose plastic. No idea why! But I’d rather paint legions of heroquest and battlemasters models than modern ones or even much greater in quality lead minis :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

Grimdark battle masters knights join the warband!

14 Likes