Highland Miniatures

With the good and bad coming from the total war CD trailer, now even Highland Miniatures are coming to the table with their CD lot

I really like Highland Miniatures style, they dwarfs are unpeckable and they look like those sweet 6th edition ones, they are proving themself right with this take on the CDs

So far we have only this pic, and they look like an upgraded version of 3rd edition going towards 4th
Scale mail and eastern dagger, a tall helmet but not a hat, small tusks peeking out

Looks like a good mix of 3rd and 4th, surely is something that as far as i know only Fabelzel did with a couple of his warrios

We will see what they will keep making, i’m generally afraid of companies pushing in just matter of days so much new content out, simply because it’s the hype of the moment due to a videogame or whatever.
Everyone should keep an eye on them because they pull out some very neat models everytime

10 Likes

They’re very tall and slim

I printed those for a friend, his paintjob is excellent, they are proportioned like the 6th ed artworks
to me they look great, i like the proportions, scale and all

their take on those CDs might be something fresh and really interesting imo

8 Likes

Highlands doing CDs soon was rumoured (on our Discord, IIRC) a few months back.
Really curious to see more. The one preview unpleased looking dwarf in scale armour doesn’t convince me yet, but highlands did a great job so far on other races, so I believe there will be something useful to get.

1 Like

That looks so good! <3

1 Like

Was there ever any update on this? I would sacrifice many for these minis

Silent ever since as far as I know :shed:

Took it upon myself to ask them and got this in case anyone else was wondering

4 Likes

More than wondering, I was keep forgetting xD
Good thing I pinned this post :eggplant:

I contacted them again and apparently before the second half of 2024 they will hold a patreon vote if they should do ratmen or “malevolous dwarfs”.

So I am going to be voting for dwarfs atleast

4 Likes

Good God, they could be epic.

Yes! I would love to see a range. Seems like we have to “fight” for them tho.

1 Like

As was ever our way.

3 Likes

Stuff like this can be so frustrating! I didn’t know that this was a possibility until 5 minutes ago, and now my whole timeline and workflow for my army has been completely thrown off.

2 Likes

I like the style! They should make some blunderbuss dwarfs. I also would love to see one with a whip as an overseer or possible captain

Hashut blesses us with this:

2 Likes

Lets gooooo! I am so ready for this

And here they are!

7 Likes

In the comments they’ve been saying that it still depends on whether or not the vote goes in the Chorf’s favor, so things are still up in the air!

I think it’ll mostly decide in what order they’ll do the next factions. Iirc it’s gonna be between high elves, chaos dwarfs and skaven.

Also, we might not be the most popular faction historically but for sure we are disproportionately active on the internet compared to a lot of other mainline factions.

1 Like