How to Paint Grim Dark White Armour

The idea behind this is to be quick and easy so there some steps you could add if you were painting a character or alternative methods to get the same effect but I’ve gone for the easiest and quickest way here

1. Over primer I’ve airbrushed Zandri Dust, this will be the base colour so I’m mainly making sure to hit from below and get the underneath with this, you can also use this through a spray can if you’d like to avoid the airbrush

1. I’ve then used Pallid Wytch Flesh, this is concentrated from above to leave some of the previous Zandri Dust underneath. Again you could use an alternate white through a spray can for the same effect

1. Using a sponge I add Rhinox Hide, keeping mainly to the edges and areas that would get hit the most, it’s before this you could also add some decals or finer details so they too would get chipped by the sponge effect here

1. I’ve used an Armour wash (a mix of about 50% Agrax Earthshade, 30% Nuln Oil 10% Leviathan Purple and 10% Coelia Greenshade) in all the details of the armour like rivets and joints, not being too neat as this will help dull down the brightness of the white base

1. Mournfang Brown is then watered down heavily and washed/stippled over the areas that have been chipped and also some other random areas to again bring down the brightness of the initial white (I added further details where water may gather and run down after I took the picture here)

10 Likes