I’m not starting an undead army

Maybe there’s some head swaps or something to make zombies etc with those models…hmmm my brain is starting to tick

3 Likes

characters-Goblin-Vamp-A

Led by this guy!

It depends what stuff you already have and what your willing th theme your army around

13 Likes

Got some spare zombie heads (not enough) and lots of skeleton bits. I think by replicating zombie heads with blue stuff I can make the last of my hobbit goblins into zombies. And skeleton arms and legs here and there will replace their limbs. I think they will be quite forgiving greenstuff wise

2 Likes

Press moulding more heads. You lose the back of the head in a one part mould but having made two part moulds before, I know it’s really tricky and time consuming.

With the goblin models being hunchbacks I can hopefully sculpt it into the model quite well.

The goblin models have massive amounts of scale difference. Some are tiny and some are human sized. Next job is to select the human sized ones only :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Also - spot the science experiment- I’ve plopped some uv resin in one mould. Let’s see what happens haha. I think it won’t work but would work if I did a small bit , then cured it it and then a small bit again. But thought I’d have a play anyway

2 Likes

Lots of progress for having not even started anything.

Not that you care, but I agree you can do some convincing hoods, hair, or skewed helms to make up the back half. oldhammer zombies had pretty epic big hair on occasion.

4 Likes

I have made full head one piece molds before. Push the head in fully, let it cool, make a small cut in the bluestuff and presto… full head mold

1 Like

This is very true - I guess I was going for reusable moulds? But yeah 100% would work like that

1 Like

Resin worked better than I expected… quicker and better detail than greenstuff moulds I’ve made in the past. Will deffo repeat this experiment again!

6 Likes

Id love to see one of you guys do a skeletor conversion for your undead armies (reaper/oxy). Skeletor is a legend…

Fck, you guys are probably too young to fully appreciate him…

Would be a great liche/wight character

Edit: Ah its on thingiverse anyway

5 Likes

Heroquest chaos sorcerer (aka pound shop skeletor) yeah he’s on the to do list

2 Likes

Abandoned the greenstuff heads as the resin method is superior in every aspect. Both in detail and time.

Got it down to this:

1. Take your press moulded blue stuff

1. Fill moulds halfway with uv resin. I used a tooth pick to drop this is.

1. Bake under a UV lamp for 60 seconds

1. Fill up the rest

1. Bake under the lamp again

1. Then flip over and bake the other way (I use see through blue stuff which probably helps this step a lot)

2. Then pop them out and cure them one last time

1. Profit

The speed at which you can copy parts in this method far outweighs my previous greenstuff methods in cost, time and detail. Very happy!

10 Likes

30 taller goblins selected and zombie heads attached. Green stuff and converting will follow.

5 Likes

Finished converting last night

Sprayed purple , then white

Then started hitting up with watered down
Purple ink.

Decided to go back her the top purple colours with these. Doing normal skin tones, just a bit gross, would be too similar to my goblins in my chaos dwarf army.

Next will be actually painting them. But I dare say the zenithal and wash has done a lot of the hard work for me!

12 Likes

Pumping these out like an industrial machine. The army might be finished in a month!

4 Likes

The thing that’s really clear in month two is the level of industrialisation that Contrast-Zenithal is allowing.

this is fast becoming a battle of the factories, which is good, because if our chosen system is 8th, they say it rewards big regiments!

3 Likes

Looks great, really love those mutated goblin models. Such a great base for stuff! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah they are a model that keeps on giving

2 Likes

Not finished but getting much closer :slight_smile:

13 Likes

i wonder, man, whose army is this?

4 Likes