Khamdrim Sky-Master's Battle Against the Grey [BATG 2022]

The death guard squad is crazy good! Seems almost about to jump out of my computer screen!

2 Likes

Thanks man! Hopefully your centaurs will be up there soon! I did some gap filling yesterday. Such awesome models! thanks again for them!

5 Likes

Now it’s time to add the redcoats.I had two boxes for a total of 98 mixed units (I think it’s three so I’m going to have to brush up on the types). These guys took a lot more time to paint, since there were significantly more bits of detail on these than either the Zvedzda or the older Italeri kits.

I am eagerly awaiting another two kits of these from back home, since it is clear that the grenadiers have a solid numerical advantage (being 3 kits vs 2).

8 Likes

Man… that scale does really make models look like an army!

Lovky paintjob mate!

2 Likes

After staring for countless at @Oxymandias’s Roman legions, I got the urge to paint some. Luckily I had a small contingent of my legions here in the US, so this testudo and two ballistas got some love.

The biggest pity here is that the formation itself hides all of the details of the soldiers… probably shouldn’t have spent too much time painting all the tiny little details. No-one was going to know…. BUT I WAS GOING TO KNOW. The thought drove me to paint them anyway.

With another 30 legionaries and 2 ballistas, it’s another -18 to the BATG score. Slowly getting there, gents!

7 Likes

Great stuff @KhamdrimSkyMaster . Those barbarians aren’t going to conquer themselves now are they?

3 Likes

@Oxymandias, no they definitely won’t! And their first challenge will be taking on the 38-strong macedonian phalanx of Alexander the great (yes, yes, I know the timelines are off but you tell me which memorable greek leader ever fought against post-Marian reform roman legions). In a make-believe world where the fall of Corynth in 146 BC never happened, the romans must face this wall of spikes!

Disregard how crooked these sarissa are…it was hard enough to get them to look even remotely straight after having been in boxes for 10+ years

These count as another -19 in the BATG. More to follow!!! (and maybe some bonus photos of older painted republican romans and gauls)

6 Likes

I’m also continuing the Napoleonic War theme going with more cavalry! This time 7th Brigade Hussars. These 17 riders will slash through the allied lines, or so Marshal Ney was hoping…history doesn’t remember him so fondly.

They are still very clearly in the WIP process, but I’m excited to add my first french cav unit to the fray. I’m aiming to give the horses leopard skin saddle cloths.

4 Likes

Always happy to see phalangites :slight_smile: As far as I know, the successor armies (which fought the Romans) were very similarly equipped to the Macedonian army under Alexander the Great. So no real historical inconsistencies on the Greek side here.

3 Likes

That is most excellent news! I honestly haven’t focused on reading on the Greek cities performance after 146, just cause of how much happens both to the west and east. Thanks for this nugget of information!

3 Likes

And with that, the 7th Hussars are ready for war! Here’s a few photos of these stylish cavalry. Amusingly enough, almost all of them look like some variation of Ron Swanson…

With them, the infantry finally have some cav support to ward off the Scots Greys

4 Likes

Adding yet another entry. Printed these off to try a new Greek Army (despite these being Trojans and Acheians, so not Greek, technically).

Here we have Achilles, Odysseus, Hector, and Paris.

+4-4=0, so here’s to net neutrality!

6 Likes

More cavalry has come to reinforce Marshal Ney’s charge! This time it’s the dragoons! In typical me fashion, I added more colors and details, down to the buttons. Some day I’ll actually get better at painting, and not just adding detail. But that is not this day.

I painted their epaulettes and lapels yellow instead of pink, since I believe I have a second box lying around somewhere so I’ll be able to make them pink too (my Slaanesh tendencies are coming out more and more).

Here they are in the army (the front row of infantry is hidden since I’m finally working on the basing for Black Powder army comps).

With that, it’s another -17 to the BATG

6 Likes

Looking good @KhamdrimSkyMaster

1 Like

Also painted the 5 Bull Centaurs from the @GoldenHat on my army page

2 Likes

Felt like posting some slight advances and changes: the cavalry is finally starting to get properly based! I have decided on the base sizes (it was actually harder than expected, as well as than it should have been).

Sooner or later, all cav and infantry will be properly trudging along on some soft grass. And maybe in a while the artillery will join them (if I can find the damn boxes…)

3 Likes

Made a post for my Acolytes of Hashoot in my Lost Legions of Karak Vlag blog. Here are some spoilers

Count as another -5/6 (6 guys, but 5 cause of the filler base)

7 Likes

Added a small dent into the painted units (-6, so nothing special) as I painted some more of the guys I set myself out to do at the beginning of the year. These are the starting 6 heroes for Gloomhaven. I was hoping to get more, but schoolwork, actual work, and family just always seem to get in the way of gaming, so I haven’t been able to “unlock” the others quite yet …

7 Likes

First, sorry for the changes. I keep making the same mistakes over and over again. Moved this post to my army blog HERE

Come check out my recent exploration of rhinoplasty!!!

10 Likes

Last post of the year! Or first one of 2023, rather. Printed 29 gobbos and received one metal model, courtesy of @Admiral, bringing me down to -200, but still barely above that threshold! @BATG_Warriors Thank you all for a good year, filled with excellent painting jobs and motivation!

7 Likes