Khamdrim Sky-Masters Battle Against the Grey [BATG 2024]

Last year I bit off a bit more than I could chew, so why should this year be any different? I went home for a week and managed to pick up some great 1:72 guys from the collection (I definitely don’t have a problem with collecting colored plastics)

So this gave me the opportunity to bring some back and decide what I wanted to focus on…. So i decided to focus on Mordheim instead….

Anyway, the following are the goals for the year:

• finish the dreadfleet ships that I have been slowly plucking away at
  • finish the stupid unfinished ork tanks that have been staring at me for the past two years
  • finish the cathedral terrain (just needs weathering to push it to the done pile, which has frustrated me since mid last year)
  • paint my Marienburg Mordheim warband
  • paint some of the 1:72 (tbd)

I expect to add some more terrain (primarily mordheim terrain), since my new job has a massive FormLabs printer that I can use, so it may be time to go off the deep end and print stuff.

Not planning on adding more units to my Emp Child’s army (with the exception of the guys I got from @Gungnir ), and for now we’ll see what I add to the CD army, mainly because I want to polish up some of the unfinished units and get them fully complete

Tally is:
Added: 0
Painted: 12
Net: -12

2 Likes

Here is the Marienburg warband I decided to go with. Had some struggles with the colors (didn’t want to just go with the trite Marienburg colors, and settled with the Van De Kuypers family from the Warhammer DnD world. That means my colors were supposed to be crimson, and yellow…….

So I got some of the old empire infantry from a friend, added some WGA conquistador parts, and added some beautiful old school mordheim models to them (with some minor, quasi sacrilegious modifications).

For the bases I just grabbed a 50/50 mix of greenstuff and Milli put and just threw a bunch of crap on them to make them be more “fun” to see

Had a bunch of fun working on the details of the models, and definitely struggled to find a combo that didn’t seem like the models belonged in a Christmas winter village or in a circus set

I then realized that I wanted to freehand the family symbol, so I scraped off the details off of two of the shields and got to painting

So the warband composition is as follows:

Captain and two champions

Two Youngbloods

Two (three pictured) swordsmen

Four marksmen

Not pictured are the merchant and the ogre, mainly cause I haven’t gotten the first or finished the second.

But here are the finished freehands

5 Likes