[KoW] My Abyssal Dwarfs so far

Well, I am out of models to paint. Unless I start building my samurai Kingdoms of Men army for Kings of War. Maybe my birthday will bring more…

2 Likes

Hehe, lets hope so… :slight_smile:
Do you have any plans for the Slave part of the army?

1 Like

Eventually some orcs and gore riders. I have a huuuuuuuuge 40k ork army, so I am not too keen on green (flesh) at the moment.

Agreed! Very impressive

1 Like

For slaves you could mix up lots of races (a rabble of poor unfortunate souls)so you dont have to paint so much green. Im considering it myself as i have a tonne of painted greenskins too.

4 Likes

@tjub
Concerning the painting speed, it is just repetition and not veering off the formula (maybe the extreme highlights). For the blues I use trollblood base, then a mix of trollblood base and a bone color for first highlight, then mix that mixture with white for extreme highlight, and then it gets brought down with the contrast akhellian green.

2 Likes

I get that far then forget where I started

1 Like

I apologize for the inactivity as of late. Made a regiment of mutated hunting mastiffs. Got some more blacksouls to fill out a horde of decimators. Waiting on a Mantic order for greatweapons to make a horde of greatweapon blacksouls.

New regiment of decimators.

Decimators in horde formation

8 Likes

Endless productivity! Good whipping of the slaves in Tragar…
Looks great. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Those dogs came up very well with bright colours. I think you have changed my mind on painting them brown. Nice one

2 Likes

The decimators and MTMs look great. Those dogs look fierce, you won’t catch me picking up and throwing one… :grin:

3 Likes

@Jackswift I’d imagine that the dwarfs blindfold the pooches until “IT’S GO TIME!”

3 Likes

Grotesques!

6 Likes

Regiment of great weapon blacksouls. Those weapons be hefty! I had to put the pooch in the blank spot up front.

Grrrrrr…

7 Likes

Awesome models, beautifully painted. Well done, Sir.

1 Like

Great models!
How do you find thr Grotesques on the battlefield?

1 Like

@tjub I don’t know yet. Haven’t played them yet. But here is a champ of a grotesque quality…

4 Likes

Man those grotesques are nice looking! Great work painting them up!

1 Like

That grotesque guy must have terrible trouble brushing his teeth or…wiping his behind…

I do like the flesh tone you used. V nice painting- so much of it too

1 Like

Welcome to the Hall of Fame!

2 Likes