Let's play Blood Bowl!

This thread is to connect Blood Bowl players within the CDO community, specifically Blood Bowl 2. Find a matchup for a friendly game or, if we have enough players, we could play a league. Chaos Dwarf teams only, an open format, lots of stuff to talk about, but let’s first see who here is playing BB2. This is a wiki post, so just add your name to the list.

Make sure to assign yourself the “video-gaming” and “bloodbowlers” role in the role-assignment channel on Discord and join the dedicated Blood Bowl 2 channel, where it is maybe easier to schedule a game etc.

7 Likes

While I play alot of Blood Bowl, been running a local league for 12+ years, I haven’t tried BB2 yet. As for digital format I used to play FUMBBL and during Covid BB on TableTopSimulator.
Id be interested in BB3 when it lands, though realistically I fear I won’t have the time.

2 Likes

Id be down for this

5 Likes

Excellent! And welcome to the Discourse :slight_smile: I took the liberty and added you to the first post.

So I can’t really say anything about BB3 (and won’t be able to run it, my system doesn’t meet the specs), but BB2 is definitely excellent! AFAIK it plays basically exactly like the tabletop game before BB2020. I bought the Legendary Edition (with all the teams and expansions) for like 9€ on Steam on sale (currently it’s 29€), so if it ever goes on Sale again, I highly recommend. Would be fantastic to have such a veteran joining in :slight_smile: But I very much understand lack of time. I’m in another BB2 league with “just” 6 human players and sometimes a game day takes almost a month until we can make scheduling happen.

2 Likes

Id hope we could arrange on discourse nice and easily.
Would you to have fixtures or just play whoever is free at the time?

2 Likes

I would say we ask the Mods to set up a dedicated channel on the Discord, I think that’s the best platform. We can also stream the games there, which would be also fun for everyone not actively participating.

A fixed schedule is most likely something which will not work, just that life gets in the way. If we find enough people to play a small league, I would suggest we say something like “please schedule your matches over the course of the next two weeks” or so. I think anything else is just unrealistic.

2 Likes

is this for a table top sim blood bowl game? or the stand alone?

1 Like

I’m in!

1 Like

I have BB2 LE both on Ps4 and Steam. Used to play about 3+ years with group of few dudes different leagues, usually had about 2 leagues from that group playing at the same times. Did play other leagues, too. Did run couple leagues meself, like me Orcz Only Allowed, which was orc teams only and no gobboz or trollz allowed.

1 Like

Blood bowl 2 pc version

2 Likes

Hah, that’s exactly the League I have proposed in the gaming group I’m in but some don’t want to do it. We had a „humans only“ league, one with only rubbish teams and now one with only elf teams. The big, regular, anything-goes league is dead in the water at this point

BB2 on steam (or equivalent). It’s great fun, even the single player campaign. Sometimes it’s on sale for like 9$ with all expansions, that’s a great deal.

1 Like

I’m down, tentatively. Fridays are a bust for me generally but Sunday is open. Timezone might be the limiter, but im generally awake around 6am HST

1 Like

Great! So there wouldn’t be a fixed game day. It would be like „you and I play this round, let’s find a date in the next two-three weeks“ or so.

1 Like

you got it all sorted. I’m down. just expect an easy win outta me haha

2 Likes

I could maybe play some, might be able to rope my bro into it too

2 Likes

There you go! Excellent

:skull2: Sure thing, I have bb1 and 2, I’m up for that :skull2:
as matches on pc are 1/3 long compared to the real deal
Damn could never finish a phisical match in less than 2.30/3 h

3 Likes

@ Loidrial Hehe, sure you can. A bit of practice is all! :wink: 2,15h is pretty much the tournament norm, never ran out of time…

1 Like

I’m just tactically dumb, I always been an awful Warhammer player in general xD this is why I focused on painting ahhahaha

3 Likes