Let's play Blood Bowl!

Hey, ill be down for a game at home point. I am quite busy atm, but will have more time come mid June. Im down for a campaign, sounds like fun. What consoles are ppl playing on, or is the game back compatible?

2 Likes

Oh yeah you are right, noone mentioned, but I think ppl had in mind playing from Pc on Steam

1 Like

Yes, I had Steam in mind, honestly I have no idea whether that’s compatible with playstation etc?! Does anyone know?

1 Like

Ps 4 and xbox and pc are all different versions. You cant play each other across different platforms i think.

For me its the pc version. Hopefully everyone else is too.

I think we have enough people for a league now :smiley:

Will we play each other once or twice?

2 Likes

That’s a shame! And seems so arbitrary.

My suggestion would be to start slow and test the waters. A quick round robin, everyone plays everyone once and that’s it. If it’s a success and all we can then do it again in a larger format. Would that be OK for everyone?

Are you all on the Discord-Server? Don’t forget that with Steam you can stream a game of Blood Bowl 2 directly to a voice channelon the Discord, which is super fun for the other players (or maybe some of the folks currently not playing BB2) to watch the game.

2 Likes

OK, time to think about the league options etc.

I would suggest to have

• an even number of teams, at least 8, so we would fill up with AI teams if needed
  • round-robin (everyone plays anyone once, 1st place simply wins the whole league)
  • 2 minute turns
  • Weather and Kick-Off events etc
  • no player ageing

Any objections?
Then to decide which teams

• Chaos Dwarfs ONLY
  • all standard “mono-race” teams
  • all possible teams incl. Alliances

0 voters

1 Like

Simple Round Robin might work, but for future kind of play-offs could be nice.

2 Likes

Robin works, but I’d say 3 mins round
2 feels not enough sometimes, you’d might need some extra time for that action.
It’s just between us, you won’t find ppl making then clock ticking till the last second to let the opponent lose time and nerves (I hope, you elves!)

2 Likes

Agreed. I would prefer keeping it slim for the first time, would be a shame if we lose momentum midway through and don’t finish it. Once we’ve build a little steam, the next league could be more ambitious.

Fair enough. Originally I was with you here, currently I am playing in a 2min league and it’s actually not bad, everything’s just a little bit more intense :slight_smile: But let’s vote on that as well!

• 2 min turns
  • 3 min turns
  • 4 min turns
0 voters
1 Like

I vote for 3 mins as i have to see to kids during some of my turns…
Like make a drink for them , get them biscuits etc…

You can bet im running around stressed :crazy_face:
The worst is if you have to change a dirty nappy

Most of the time 2 is fine but sometimes it really isnt

Looking gorward to this league!

2 Likes

Sorry I am late, got back from work. Put me on that cursed list!

3 Likes

I dont know anything about mixed teams, who are these mad gitz voting for them!

11 trees :deciduous_tree:?

1 Like

I’ll toss my hat into the ring (pitch?). Never played an online match before, but wouldn’t mind trying.

2 Likes

Think we are on 10 now. Winner should get a badge on here. Season 1 champ. Last place gets a spoon

1 Like

Excellent, guys!

I confess being first to cast vote to mixed and probably won’t even use that option, well at least for first league…

3 Likes

It’s fine!

I mean we want to have fun here. In the end I’d say let’s have everyone play any team they like, make 3 min turns so it’s not too stressful. We can always mix things up for future leagues.

1 Like

i’ll be down to play some Blood bowl 2

2 Likes

Alright, so I went ahead and created a competition!

10 team round robin, 3 min turns, mixed teams allowed.

Search for the competition “Inaugural League” in the league “CDO Blood Bowl”. It’s admission based, so I have to validate your ticket.

@Psychotic_Ranger are you on discord?