Loidrial offtopic pile of stuff

Nope, hard pass on those new things. I’m mostly painting all the old models i have here at home piled up though the years.
Although, this new belakor is the 1st rewamp model i only like from this new GW Line.
yet fuck it, 110/130 euro for a plastic toy, no thx. not gonna take part in this madness.

same here. my family didnt get lucky with the 2nd covid weave after summer and i lost an uncle in november because of it. noone of us can still believe it. just plain absurd to all of us.
Take care man.

Trying my best to achieve something new from what i did in the past. that blending is many watery layers of washesh and going back and forth with colours. The hardest part will be to highlight the black part. still totally unsure!

here in Italy we got so far almost 5 milion ppl, we are 60m in italy so less than 10%
vaccinations started actively 2/3 weeks ago, and because people are dumbfuck going out still partying and shit, our infection rate skyricketed once again
this was 2 weeks ago in Milan. People organized this because some new restrictions were going to take place, so they HAD to party for the last time…

1 Like

Lovely painting on a lovely model. In my mind he is a good fit for hashut. An uppity daemon prince looking for new followers. I guess he got more and more powerful with all the believers and sacrifices. ( i dont own the army book so im probably a bit ignorant- but it makes sense to me)

1 Like

To me aswell. He is kinda balrog-ish looking too, and they both fit the look imo.
I placed him on a round base because i didnt have his old Square 50mm, but i can always add it below and make him smack people with that sword!

Gonna post more in the next days!

1 Like

Been seeing your progress on instagram. Really stellar work. Super excellent to see such attention paid to an old model. Muscle tones you are achieving are ace :muscle::hatshut: I haven’t dared to check the price on the new one but I guessed it was madness, which you’ve corroborated here.

2 Likes

Because im as slow as it gets, here some update on the wings membrane.
I call that over, now gonna focus on the internal membrane and lets see where it goes from there!

10 Likes

And the beast is done!!
I thought for 36ish hours on how the make the sword, but in the end i chose this Steel somehow infused with chaos power (like a sort of tzeench vibe to it)

I will try some other new technique for my next mini, i will try some source lights (and screw everything up)

:chaos2: BUT FOR NOW, ENJOY MY BELAKOR! :chaos2:

17 Likes

Very nice! Lovely paintjob :slight_smile:

1 Like

Finished product came out very striking, well done!

1 Like

Incredible job, I think seeing the scheme and this job has really made me appreciate that model for the first time.
I really like the choice to go from the dark colours on the back to that lighter flesh tine on the front and I like even more how you’ve done those same colours on the wings
:clap:t2::clap:t2::clap:t2:

1 Like

@bas_2312 @Jackswift thx guys!
@GhraskDragh HAH! i made it! no idea how tho xD it surely took me a while, i’m extremely slow and trying out new things never been my way to go (this is why i unreasonably despise contrast paint, air brush and so on)
i thought with that color scheme it would look more realistic, more believable. Seeing him with those colors make me feel like this is a real entity, not something out of a videogame/cartoon
the original black and gray color didnt feel menacing to me, yet the one i made, oh boy.

i did something similar 6 months ago, it was a commission and i applied what i learned doing that job on this belakor

7 Likes

Hell yeah and a scary one at that when you pair it with glowing red eyes
It’s nice seeing the idea from the bat dude transfer into Belakor

1 Like

Really impressive, are you going to give the updated version a go as well? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nope xD
Those new things are too huge for me, especially considering the fact that i dont play anymore.
i feel like they are out of my league being a traditional painter, no contrast, no airbrush either.
Painting such things feels like a job more than a hobby :smiley: and with me being this slow, i dont think it will match
but i will surely use some of the techniques i learned painting those minis for when i will do my great taurus! :taurus1:

4 Likes

my head never stops
as i said on discord in the past days, i’m working on a diorama. this will be a part of it!

i broke an old t shirt so with it i made the carpets xD i hope i will be able to paint them hauhaauh no clue

7 Likes

I have a feeling this is going to come out reeeeeaally cool! I can feel the potential here and will be looking forward to seeing the end result :hatoff:

Small update, fast primed the clothes stand and made the food one

the yellow resin items are Tabletop World, the gray ones are from Minimonsters.eu and the greenish one are copy i made with milliput and bluestuff

7 Likes

Nice market pieces, and a great use for that Reaper bones model. Look forward to seeing how this comes out! The T-shirt works great for the larger weave of carpets.

2 Likes

I refuse to make the same mistake twice.
This time I didn’t glue the top part of the food stall yet. Dumb Eddy.

Now I have to start considering a background of some sort. Idk yet what.

8 Likes

These are going to be sweet! Looking very good so far my friend, I get a bit of an Aladdin vibe from them, perhaps you could look up something along that sorta line for background inspiration? Either way I think you done a great job so far, very cool stuff! I see a market square and vendors all about selling there wares, people browsing and some sinister peeps lurking in the shadows, so cool!!

1 Like

That’s kinda the idea I’m going for, due to that pathfinder gnome that looks like an Assyrian Chaos Dwarf. But he will be defending his stalls from a bigger menace!
There will be sand around and some smaller details here and there.
The gnome and the menace (spoiled already on discord) but idk if make a sort of background like the one I made time ago

9 Likes