Loidrial offtopic pile of stuff

:shock: WOW!! I had not seen these pictures before, that is an awesome scene! It is one of those that you can look at for a long time and get lots of stories in your head from looking at it, beautiful work. I am sure your new project will be just like that too, you are doing well to get your imagination into something physical that can be shared, I am very envious of your skill. :hatoff: :beer:

1 Like

Learned some things on painting fabric. It needs to be prepared much more than anticipated.

Next time will use more water and pva glue, paint was being soaked by the cloth and was rly hard to show through.
Experience for the future

So far I’m at this stage!

11 Likes

Fantastic bazaar diorama! Excellent crafting and neat painting. Very characterful. It adds a lot to CDs. :smile:

Reminds me of the dungeon clutter I sculpted for Zealot Miniatures a few years back. All manner of sacks and baskets of foodstuff.

3 Likes

That stuff has turned out really well, and I think I have a metal model similar to that guy.

1 Like

The stalls look amazing. Slightly disappointed that you didn’t spend weeks painting authentic Persian rug patters on all of the the carpets :grinning: :tonguewink: :cd1990gif: but they came out very well despite that! I do see that you did part of a pattern on the flat one underneath the rolls. Well done!
Cheers!

3 Likes

The bazaar continues! Stalls are done and the merchant too (he misses the eyes because idk where I will positioning the other miniature in the diorama)

@Jackswift smartass, get your carpets done :smiley:

I now have to think about the background @Lord_of_Uzkulak suggested @Admiral 's nice wall mural on Etsy, while @Oxymandias suggested azyrite ruins from GW
Will think about it because both will work

10 Likes

Nice use of the Hashut rune, quite eye catching (please forgive the pun Mr. eye-missing merchant)^^

2 Likes

Beautiful work my friend, love how you did the A in Carpetz haha, nice touch :heart_eyes:

1 Like

The only good time to use that version of the icon xD
:icon3:

Now I have in mind another diorama to make, and I haven’t finish this yet. Damn!

2 Likes

The things keep expanding after some break on other projects

I’ve done my giant cock-atrice (I’m 12 years old)

And I played a bit with scenery later on

10 Likes

YO GUYS! After 1 month since i started it, my market diorama is finally complete! :icon1:
Be praise Hashut :hashut1: I was able to finish it in a reasonable time span

Enjoy the ugly ass square picture I made for instagram!
And you all better comment because it was such a struggle to finish it in time xD you cannot ignore this! (this cry for help and attention I mean)

CIAO! :pizza:

13 Likes

Love it! Love the carpets and the fact that it looks like the CD is shooing the cockatrice :grin:

2 Likes

my old shirt turned into carpets says thx for the compliment!
also glad the dwarf (which i discovered only later on it’s a gnome from pathfinder) had that purpose, so yes!
:hat1: It worked! HAH!
:tongue3: .

3 Likes

Fantastic!

1 Like

Beautiful, mate! Your crafting and painting skills are on another level altogether. :hatoff: Love how the human runs away from the cockatrice all panicky, while the dwarf looks as if he’s saying “Oi, you better not get your dirty claws on my carpets!”

2 Likes

It looks to me like the cockatrice and the rat are working together, the cockatrice distracts the merchant so the rat can steal food. Sneaky, sneaky skaven!
This is an amazing little diorama, so many little details telling sub-plots and adding to the story. My dioramas tend to be just “man fight orc”.

4 Likes

This really has become the delight for my eyes that I knew it would! A very good job my friend, awesome scene!! Thank you for sharing this :hatoff: :beer:

1 Like

Very good, so detailed. i guess you have to do the rest of the street now…haha

2 Likes

Thx everyone!
@Antenor oh cmon, there is nothing on another level at all, if I can do this, with my claws, everyone else here can xD and yeah Johann had to flee the scene for a better run tomorrow!

@Freakshow668 the new team assembled, the cockRATrice! i still have 10 or so giant rats from my early skaven days, i wanna put one of two in every diorama i will create xD they bring so much fun and extra content/story just by being place there.

@Deebo now i have to learn how to do those in less time, because 1 months for this little scene is too much auhuahuahu

@Zoddtheimmortal wait for it, wait for it! there wont be the next part of the street, but there is going to be surely a surprise for you all that would require a couple of months (gonna move in 2 weeks so for a while i wont have time to spend on hobby)

4 Likes

Now I want to collect an army of Cockatrices and rats of various sizes. I even have some big brain rats to use as leaders!

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO ME?

4 Likes