My Asklander army

Hi guys,

Yesterday I dug out my Asklanders army. It’s basically a pure Marauders army for the Ninth Age.

I build these for some tournaments a couple of years ago, using loads of classic GW models (Thugs from the 80s, Marauders from the 90s) and some own sculpts.

The reason that I dug them out of storage is that they’re now for sale. After the tournament season that year (I guess it was somewhere in 2018) I haven’t touched these guys, since good old Goblins or Halflings are more fun to me.

The pics aren’t the best, but I hope you still like them.

• 24 Asklanders with handweapon, [lexicon]shield[/lexicon] and full command.

• 15 Asklanders with bows and full command, including extra figure to replace the banner.

• 5 [lexicon]Warhounds[/lexicon]

• 10 Mounted Asklanders

• 23 Huskarls with [lexicon]shields[/lexicon] and a General

• 9 Berserkers with handweapon and [lexicon]shield[/lexicon], [lexicon]Champion[/lexicon] and [lexicon]musician[/lexicon]

• 2 Wargs

• Jotunn

• [lexicon]BSB[/lexicon]

• General on [lexicon]Chimera[/lexicon]

I have also played this army as Makhar, and for that made the following additions:

• Adapter base to make [lexicon]the General[/lexicon] a Steppe Mammoth

• Turul

15 Likes

That is a great looking army! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Awesome army, looks like it was a lot of fun to paint.

1 Like

Some more pics from one of the tournaments with a cool snow table, and some WIP pics of the Ice Giant.

11 Likes

You have the power!

2 Likes

What an epic army!!! Love the fact you’ve snuck a battlemasters beastman in there. That box keeps on giving after all this time.

2 Likes

Wow @bas_2312 this is a gorgeous army… very impressive!

1 Like

The mammoth on the tiny base looks hilarious :joy:

1 Like

I liked the ice giant but after seeing it’s origin story I now love that ice giant! Brilliant conversion work

Love the Mammoth too

Amazing army :hatoff:

1 Like

Wow, and using an action figure as a giant is just too cool of a conversion not to try! :smiley: Superbly done!

2 Likes