Yesterday I dug out my Asklanders army. It’s basically a pure Marauders army for the Ninth Age.
I build these for some tournaments a couple of years ago, using loads of classic GW models (Thugs from the 80s, Marauders from the 90s) and some own sculpts.
The reason that I dug them out of storage is that they’re now for sale. After the tournament season that year (I guess it was somewhere in 2018) I haven’t touched these guys, since good old Goblins or Halflings are more fun to me.
The pics aren’t the best, but I hope you still like them.
- 24 Asklanders with handweapon, [lexicon]shield[/lexicon] and full command.
- 15 Asklanders with bows and full command, including extra figure to replace the banner.
- 5 [lexicon]Warhounds[/lexicon]
- 10 Mounted Asklanders
- 23 Huskarls with [lexicon]shields[/lexicon] and a General
- 9 Berserkers with handweapon and [lexicon]shield[/lexicon], [lexicon]Champion[/lexicon] and [lexicon]musician[/lexicon]
- 2 Wargs
- General on [lexicon]Chimera[/lexicon]
I have also played this army as Makhar, and for that made the following additions:
- Adapter base to make [lexicon]the General[/lexicon] a Steppe Mammoth