My Dwarves of Dark Renown

So I’m adapting a Giant model to be a Chaos Siege Giant. Did some work on scraping off insignia from other armour pieces on advice from a Lustria Online forumite and then tried my hand at some Chaos Dwarf runes.

Should be two different runes for Chaos Dwarfs, runes for death and runes for fury (or volcano) for the back armour.

green stuff 2
green stuff 3

11 Likes

Looks very promising, I’m curious how the giant will look painted. :metal:

2 Likes

Did some work on the runes, trying to make them flat and straight lines. Very finickity.

7 Likes

The runes are such a subtle, yet wonderful touch. Great aesthetics!

2 Likes

Tried again and much happier with the results. Now just need to see if I can bend them slightly to glue them on.

7 Likes

Since greenstuff stays pliable you can probably just let them cure and superglue them on.

1 Like

Best would be to do it as long as the GS is more flexible, within a day or a few hours after sculpting.

1 Like

That’s the plan for tonight! :smiley:

Uploading: 20220715_005644.jpg…
Uploading: 20220715_005711.jpg…

Kind of liking this.

Now doing undercoating

6 Likes

Finished undercoating armour pieces

My wife donated a jewelry chain for making connections between the armour pieces

Because I know that the flails I’m adding to him will constantly be breaking off, I drilled/scraped and glued on a magnet to his hand so I can have the flails magnetized for easy storage/transport.

We’re getting there!

4 Likes

Doing clothes now. Planning to have everything painted under the armour so no matter what ends up visible it’s still painted nicely.

9 Likes

Done with everything before putting on armour, so that’s next.

7 Likes

I like the armour

This is for chains and flail

The flail didn’t really work out so I have to rework this

8 Likes

More green stuff work and I’m trying a different approach with the flails.

8 Likes

Incredible armour work here! I love this project :smiley:

1 Like

Personally I really like the flail…what part of it didn’t work out? Obviously it’s your model and you can do whatever you want (I’m thoroughly enjoying watching your progress!), so I’m curious what you’ll do

1 Like

I didn’t like how high on the hand it was and was already wincing at the breakages. I’m happy with the “chains” being part of the flail so I’ll see how they are after some Nuln Oil.

:slight_smile:

First layer of black primer on armour parts

6 Likes

Second layer of black primer and painted the chains, then let them dry upside down so they dry in an action position

4 Likes

I think I’m gonna call this guy a done, mainly because I want to get going on other projects and I’ll hardly ever use him in 8th as he’s a subpar choice. Still happy with what I’ve done and I’ll probably get some better photos done at some point soon.

10 Likes