Old school transition to Infernal dwarves in the 9th age

Thank you for the invite, happy to be here. I just recently discovered the 9th age rule set. It makes me so happy because I can finaly resurrect my chaos dwarfs of old with a fresh new rulebook. I have a hand full of units i bought in the early 90s, and going to combine with some russian alternative minis for a hopefully cohesive force. I have a couple pics of my vety colorfull old paint jobs before I stripped them for a new color scheme.

And old vs new…

Painted these a few years ago, didn’t come out too bad, but doesn’t fit with the new scheme. Getting the strip…
The new scheme im thinking …(my profile pic)
And more…
The lot so far…

14 Likes

Lovely painted models and original new colour schemes. They look like they dont see the sun much…

2 Likes

Oh yes, loving these! That Warrior with the sickly skin is great and the choice of colour brilliant! Goes really well with the dark red you’ve chosen too

Excellent stuff!

1 Like

Looking great bro - 9th age is a blast and with the new ID book we have a full army that has so many options that I never thought I would ever see

2 Likes

for real. it is pretty much everything I could have hoped for. So much good stuff!

1 Like

Great looking models, a joy to look at.

1 Like

Great looking models and scheme. Though it doesn’t directly match, i do like your recent paint scheme on the bull centaurs as well. Cheers and Welcome!

I should state that a pop of red and gold on those might bring them in without the need for a full repaint.

1 Like

Lovely paint jobs especially the profile pic guy. Love the pallid flesh - very cool

1 Like

Looks great, love the shield design with a black mountain on a glowing background!
The pale flesh looks good. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

First unit about done. (I may try osl on the rocks) thank you to the community for helping me to decide on mixed shields. I even kept the volcano shield I painted in 1991.

12 Likes

Wow, stunning paintjob! I like the mix of shields.

1 Like

A really well painted unit. They look amazing

1 Like

They look superb! :drooling_face:

1 Like

Absolutely stunning.

1 Like

Wow - just wow

Again - the skin tones are so cool on these. Also the mix of shields has worked well. Particularly impressed with the freehand volcano one!

4 Likes

These look incredible. The skin tones and beard/hair color really give your models a unique look. The shield mix result works very well.

1 Like

2nd unit done. Smile for the camera ye evil little stunties…

12 Likes

That hand painted shield of the volcano is stunning!
:volcano: :heart:
Anyone who didn’t see it, please scroll in and check it out!

4 Likes

These turned out so good! Looks truly evil… :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Really nice painting again. Your army is going to look amazing when its finished. You did some thing cool with the inside of the blunderbusses too.

2 Likes