Oxymandias the mad - My Chaos Dwarf Projects

Oh that’s a beautiful paint job!
I’m quite happy to see my sculpt getting all painted up, and such an amazing banner you did! Freakin’ brilliant :heart:
And that eye is amazing too…everything you did with the model is lovely, so much so that I’ll overlook that round base :wink:
Well done !

5 Likes

Fun reading the tips and tricks! Thanks a bunch for going into all of that detail :microscope:

1 Like

This turned out fantastic my friend, don’t know where to start really :man_shrugging:t2:
Axe looks so good I’m thinking of ways I can for it in to my scheme, the banner turned out amazing and would my favourite part if not for the eye - Sauron himself couldn’t ask for a better one

:+1:t2::vulcan_salute:t2:

1 Like

Next model completed tonight. Was doing a hobby Hang out with some mates on video call earlier and was trying to paint these sci fi soldiers I’ve got. For whatever reason I wasn’t enjoying it. And they were coming out rubbish. Then…I looked across my desk and looking back at me was this little dude.

I won this chap in a golden hat contest last year and he’s been sitting there undercoated and waiting for far too long!

Was a bit of a speed paint as I wanted something finished to show at the end and only had a couple of hours left at that point so may go back and give him a touch up at some point.

But for now here’s my Bull Centaur Kindly supplied by Atom Taylor :slight_smile:

9 Likes

The face expression reveals a hard night out… :stuck_out_tongue:
Lovely painting as usual, the red nose is a nice touch as well.

Have you had any thoughts on making terrain etc to go with your miniatures? Terrain painted in your style would be epic!

3 Likes

Yeah it’s certainly a characterful sculpt ain’t it! Haha he doesn’t look happy that’s for sure

No immediate plans for scenery

I currently have boards and scenery for grass, desert, mordheim and necromunda.

So lava fields and melting Zharr ruins would be a good addition! I do quite a bit of scratch building when it comes to scenery. At some point I may share some of my previous projects in the off topic section.

Would like to see those, like Tjub said I’m sure it would look amazing

Great job in the mini, shield came out great and the eyes on both are really well done

1 Like

Nice guy! Though I think he looks a bit mad! :scream:

1 Like

My first time looking through your photos and loving it - awesome Fire and brimstone chaos dwarfs style that you have nailed perfectly - love the way your painting and basing is bringing them to life - really cool stuff

4 Likes

Thanks mate ! :slight_smile:

Fantastic work converting those hobgoblin archers and great painting all round. You should be proud.

2 Likes

Cheers! I am thank you :slight_smile:
Taken a bit of back seat lately due to me constantly juggling 100 hobby projects at a time haha

However I have had some Russian alternative chaos dwarfs arrive this week…so they may have to get built!

3 Likes

Yes, bring us more good stuff! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Very cool stuff, I really like your painting style

1 Like

Oxymandias the mad - the herald of Hubris and Zharr Naggrund university’s voted “most likely to stand on top of a statue of himself as it slowly sinks into a lake of lava” is finished!

13 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:
This quote deserves some kind of badge/medal :medal_sports: brilliant, as is the paintjob too, I love the conversion of the cape and furs, the whole thing is fantastic

3 Likes

Golden tooth caps? Love it, reminds me of the the hilarious Wintertooth crown. Also, the detailed paint job on that hat is stunning (as is the whole model)

1 Like

Excellent, love it, proper centrepiece model.

1 Like

Love it! Great concept and implementation. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Epic! :heart_eyes: A worthy commander for a great army.

1 Like