Plunder for the Ironclad Fleet [Mar 16 2024 - A Machine for Pigs]

Just as Oxy didn’t start an undead army. I’m definitely not starting an ogre army. As evidence to that irrefutable fact, I’m keeping these ogres in this blog as mercenaries. Otherwise I’d be admitting to accidentally starting an ogres army, which I’m not doing. Going back on that would be poor optics, cross posted threads, an off topic showcase… blah blah blah. Nope. mutters passing enumerations of Bishop Brian Passman

Most of the ogres are from Red Bard which I highly recommend. The Kickstarter was smooth sailing. Let’s just say the full-bodied booming of the tummy drummer has beckoned these ogres to the spoils of war.

Like I said, an accident. I wanted 2 units of 6 characterful ogre mercs. Surprise Kickstarter freebies and a rediscovered OSM whale mutant brought me to 16. 16 isn’t enough for 3 units so had to generate some ideas and overshot to 20….

Entirely out of my control.

Finally the first named character in my ogre kingdoms ar-redacted ahem cough ….small group of mercenaries

Heggtor Gutboasta and his monkey, Curious Gorge

I’m pretty happy with my 3rd, head-and-arms-becomes-full-ogre sculpt. I find ogres fairly forgiving sculpting practice as they’re bigger and adding more layers to cover mistakes only makes them fatter and therefore better. The gnoblar pump wagon-fulla-loot landsurfer was very fun to make as well. Glad I got that out of my system before this became a full army project, phew.

Thanks for reading… YOU CAN’T PROVE ANYTHING, move along, these aren’t the ogres you’re looking for…

17 Likes