Poll: The Old World Launch

Hi fellas. Wanted to kick off the new year with a simple set of questions about TOW ahead of time. Only bother with this poll if you’re actually going to play The Old World.

• I intend to buy the Tomb Kings launch box
  • I intend to buy the Bretonnia launch box
  • I intend to buy the rulebooks separately
  • I intend to collect a new army specifically to play the Old World
  • I plan to play with my existing miniatures collection
  • I plan to play using third party miniatures
0 voters
2 Likes

Oh boy new poll drop! @chitzkoi , your polls are low-key a highlight of the forum for me

If you can edit it, an option for " I would like to buy a launch box but am currently undecided which" might be good.

Also, the wording of some of the options could be improved for the purpose of multi-response answers. For example,

• I plan to play using only third-party miniatures
  • I plan to play using armies of mixed manufacturers (GW, Mantic, 3d Printed etc.)
  • I plan to play using primarily GW miniatures.

Perhaps also:

• I intend to buy a new army primarily from GW
  • I intend to collect a new army primarily from 3rd parties
2 Likes

I think the desire to make categories on this one mutually exclusive is natural but I decided against it. Almost everyone here uses a mixed economy of the minis they like, so I’m more curious about this general basket of questions. It’s possible for someone to tick five out of these six boxes sensibly

1 Like

To be clear, I did not mean that poll response options should be mutually exclusive, but rather just that I feel the addition of these options would be beneficial. A better wording of my first three suggestions would have been:

• I plan to play using at least one army of only third-party miniatures
  • I plan to play using at least one army of mixed manufacturers
  • I plan to play using at least one army of primarily GW miniatures)

Do not take it as criticism of the poll! I look forward to seeing the results of this one

1 Like

Yeah I’ll add those to the faction survey

1 Like

If I find some local opponents, I might find some round-to-square movement trays and use my evil green lads.

3 Likes

I can’t believe how unhyped I am haha

I’m the guy who started a change.org about this game :joy::joy::joy::joy:

Living games fatigue is real. Who knows - let’s see how it goes

Not answering the poll as not likely to play at this time. May do some day. With old minis/3rd party

Part of the problem haha :joy:

6 Likes

Jac, agent of Chaos

6 Likes

Hahaha

3 Likes

I don’t make the rules hahahaha

Unhyped for game

But bloody love getting stuff printed :joy:

3 Likes

Stunned by how unpopular the launch boxes are with us. Just goes to show we are not the target market.

6 Likes

first thing first, i have to find someone to play with once again after 10 years ahuhauhuahua AND finish an army because i never finished one

4 Likes

I played Vampire Counts and Chaos Dwarfs back in the day, and I was interested in perhaps a Skaven army… I’ll get the book out of slightly heightened interest right now, but no army box thanks.

2 Likes

No Poll from me. I don’t think any one at our club is even inclined to change my mind or theirs

4 Likes

No poll for me either. I lost all interest in playing TOW as soon as GW relegated half the armies to second class citizen status.

Maybe add “I don’t plan on playing TOW” as a poll option.

1 Like

No poll for me either. King Brian Passman, noper of newnids, already haver of derpskellies, rejecter of crocobone dagron, husbander of two deer, snoozer of living systems, and protector of an inconvenient geographical location for rolling of dice.

Long may he rain upon himself with non-GW product.

Praise Walhut.

6 Likes

No poll from me either, as there’s no other players here where I live so not much chance of getting into the game.
That being said, I do plan on buying a few of the books for reading, as well as checking out the LoA PDF.
And as disappointing (but not surprised) that there’s nothing new for CD armies, I am delighted that they’ve brought back Bretonnia.

4 Likes

It’s definitely noteworthy that the total poll turnout hasn’t increased since the early hype days. The ceiling is about 40 people. When we compare that to our weekly unique visitors at the back end, it’s a sizeable proportion but by no means everyone, as you guys all have pointed out.

That said I would beg a little patience from everyone because poll options can’t be edited after 5 minutes on Discourse currently.

3 Likes

I’ve done a total 180. I’m excited for the game. Seen enough of the rules and spirit of the game seems to be so Y2K that I can’t quite believe it’s real…
Bought the book
Bought the evil army book
Building an orc army for the game :joy:

8 Likes

Mate check your house foundation, I think you’re on a carousel.

6 Likes