Reaver's Battle Against the Grey [BATG 2022]

None of any of the rest will matter if Elden Ring the board game hits my credit card this year. Not… one… bit…

1 Like

Btw, since you have them in front of you, may I misuse your thread and ask, if the musician is actually a one-part model as it seems on the pic?

5 Likes

Fair play. No misuse! Yes indeed the musician is one piece.

1 Like

A shame!
I could see this horn on a ranged unit.
But I see no way how one could change this immortal to not look like one, with all of his characteristic attributes like the shoulder pads, skirt and shoes being part of the model.

1 Like

Doable if you had to but far more pain than it’s worth. I’d sooner DIY a horn that looks like this than try to carve this guy up.

It’d be easier to hack a few bits off digitally before printing.

3 Likes

I don’t really know what happened with this scheme. Bit of zodd pastel, Reaver minimal tones ‘cept pink not grey, and then some old school brightness. Either way I’ll take the long fought -1.

I based the bulk of the beast on my Lamassu scheme. The banner is freehand based on some of the original oldhammer banners that were miraculously still in the packaging. 100% couldn’t resist.

The undead haul that set me back mightily in the closing months of last year’s BATG has become the bounty of this year’s BATG feast. If you’d like to read more about the undead haul I’m going to post pics in the original thread of the whole lot together.

Here’s a sneak peak. I’m quite happy with the banner as a focal point for the army.

17 Likes

Looks great. I haven’t seen a non flesh coloured dieter before. He looks like a vampire to me now (probably intended-vampire counts army)

Getting brave on your colours now! Red and pink is not for the feint hearted! You pulled it off though :cherry_blossom::octopus:

1 Like

Another -16. Closing in on the end of the year fellow painters!

3 Likes

I’ve been dooting around with musician builds for too long. Some long overdue ideas are now ready to be primed and I’m happy to be back painting again.

Elden Ring the way too expensive board game looms large as the end of year approaches. I have a few secret (for now) purchases I’ll add before end of year.

Now for the reason I’m here. More Ankh! These were fun and quick to paint. They are easily (with obligatory :orange_circle: :arrow_right: :orange_square: base converters) 1 to 1 stand-ins for Tomb Kings scorpions and carrion birds.

17 Likes

Oh boy… this is causing timb king itch…sexy stuff @Reaver !

1 Like

So worth the BATG hit, these metal minis from Four A are such top shelf class.

8 Likes

Study that higher lower model it is so well sculpted and cast. I cant think of anything better. What willyou proxy those demons :smiling_imp: as?

Love getting packages of varied metal goodness

1 Like

Absolutely one of the best metal pieces I’ve seen.

Might use the fishdudes as sneaky gits?

1 Like

Small pain reclaim with more Ankh minis.

9 Likes

Today was not productive, printed a fog wall door for Bloodborne and painted it crudely. I have some crappy clear FDM filament and figured I’d give it a go… it’ll serve for a board game token replacement.

11 Likes

You know what they say,
“the last 69 hours are the hardest” - Shia Lebeef, archsage of the BATG elders, probably

mental gymnastics intensify

7 Likes

Well I printed another thing, this time a large headless from Sekiro (the base is 110mm). Edited out the hair digitally since it wouldn’t have printed easily and sculpted my own back in after. Original sculpt was post processed from the game files by a Fromsoft enthusiast I met on the Bloodborne Board Game Discord.

A couple stages of airbrushing to start faking the lighting off the sword. The headless are always found in dark places and the first light you see is the purple glowing sword in the mist.

Oh good looks like he’s painted now. Knocked it out in one sitting. It’s rather fun pushing thinned paint around a large canvas, letting the purple airbrush undertones bleed through.

In reality this took place slowly over months, nice to have it over the finish line so I don’t have to claim a +1.

12 Likes

Fantastic work, as always! On what chart was it that you roll to see if your gargant accidentally decapitated himself with his giant katana ?

1 Like

Those pinkish purple skin creases :pinched_fingers: mwah!

4 Likes

Proud Brian moment. I passed the test by passing, and boy was it a test.

9 Likes