Reaver's Battle Against the Grey [BATG 2022]

Wonderful painting all around as ever!

Wow, great metal rune of Hashut, @Stumpy !

And now that you mention the piratey potential of the hook monster by @ATOM , I’ll await your mad take on it with baited breath, dear cap’n @Reaver .

Keep on rocking!

6 Likes

Wooow!!

7 Likes

Add another to the pile of gray, but this is an extremely exciting arrival from @oldschoolminis

Straight to the top of the pile with this one! It’s massive, it’s glorious, and it makes me very excited for a pile of boars to come knocking down my door.

11 Likes

Looks great, id be picking the horned head for sure. You plan to have have the rider hold a standard?

Im sure you will do a glorious version

(No pressure!)

3 Likes

I think so. I might support it slightly but I do really like the standard.

3 Likes

Another good dent in my box-o-dead. Just characters, manticore, and wraiths left of the 70 something undead minis I scored last year.

Out of all the lovely old models I was most surprised to be the proud owner of not one, but two complete skullchuckers with full crew and the ammo pile (None of which were glued together so a true miracle to have them all twice over).

Mage knight cannons round out the artillery for my undead, a long needed addition. While they’re not from the 80s I’ve owned these cannons for almost 20 years! @tjub sculpts once again buttress the undead units. I’ve got one more bone scorpion left to use.

About time I get distracted by the Artisan’s comp

16 Likes

The miniatures looks great, really like the dark old school feel to them. The cannons are spot on as well!
And gotta say cool use of the Bonestingers there. Never really considered the “bone-construct-approach” to them… :slight_smile:

5 Likes

That is some lovely, lovely artillery!

3 Likes

Wonderful, each canon like its own little diorama

3 Likes

Familiar unit finally crossed the finish line. Been working small batches of them for a while but finally ready to claim victory.

29 new models painted and a few old mixed in.

2 Likes

Weakness struck in the absence of familiars to paint. Time to start filling that specific void in my life. Very much looking forward to these miniatures. They will accompany the hook monster in familiars unit number 2.

+4 to hopefully be offset soon by finishing any 4x Bloodborne mob

8 Likes

Quick offset of the recent additions. Decided to get a few models off my desk. Absolutely thrilled to have a few oldhammer wraiths in my collection. Killed this other Reaper mini (I think) in the same breath.

14 Likes

Silverbeasts of Loran, knocked out quickly as I’m progressing through the things holding torches section of Bloodborne. Probably will be the end of my completions for almost a month as I move residences and go on vacation.

12 Likes

One big one off the painting table!!

5 Likes

The middle of the year brings much pain and little paint.

No complaints here, I’ll keep rolling with the OSM punches. Here’s my latest counts as +8
Screen Shot 2022-06-14 at 9.16.23 AM

Note the incremental step toward the obvious goal of a nine arse arsenal of asscannons.

8 Likes

That arse cannon is great. You’ll love it. You get a cool spare demon head with it (wish i had more of those).
Interested to see what you do with the tortoise and the boar hound. Lots of great stuff to come then!

4 Likes

This town is done for!

Closing out the things holding torches (and lanterns) portion of Bloodborne. These were a slog and probably the least fun of the miniatures to date. And only a -4 for my troubles. The PAIN… But… if I can track them all down I THINK this finishes the base game box, group pictures to follow.

Just two small expansions left, all full of fun cosmic madness.

8 Likes

Glamor shots of the core set all together for the first time. Worth every minute spent.

Honestly when I bought this I wasn’t sure I’d paint all of these but I’m going to keep trucking until the all-in bundle is complete. The sweet blood how it sings to me. It’s enough to make a man sick.

15 Likes

Wonderful!

1 Like

One of a few times posting WIPs here. But happy to bring some sculpting progress to completion as painting has just been mentally out of the equation for some reason.

The two carrion with wraiths were my favorite loot in the undead haul. While attempting to remove their flight stands using tedious wire wrap trees I unearthed some dead eBay bits from a Tomb Kings lot. With some green stuff I was able to make them undead again and bring this unit up to a nice 3.

A Kroot head was used and mostly covered to make the bird happen. If you’re ever looking to avoid painting I highly recommend trying to semi-convincingly levitate, pin, and pose heavy metal birds.

None of this is particularly my best work but I do completely adore the custom little wraith. I don’t know why I ever make anything above familiar size to be honest. Last shout to @tjub for now since I’ve run out of bonestingers.

13 Likes