Reaver's Battle Against the Grey [BATG 2022]

What are you talking about, absolutely brilliant work. The pain of finding proper bird heads… I have tried to make some custom Ushabtis in the past but finding suitable models turned out to be surprisingly difficult (or I am just not creative enough). The Kroot heads seem to be a good base to work from.

1 Like

I think it would be an even better starting head for something smaller sized. I was thinking of just adding an upper beak to the kroot but the overall size needed to be increased. You’re definitely right. Not easy to find drop in place bird bits for models on 40mm.

Elf bits lean closer to hawkish birds generally

1 Like

Lovely sculpt! Really inspiring… :slight_smile:

1 Like

And now for something completely the same: Familiars by Reaver. Hopefully these give me the painting spark again, I’ve been preparing a lot of minis lately of many varieties to try to keep motivation high. I need some momentum desperately although there’s no way I can outpace @chitzkoi’s monthly premium roast. I deserve all the salts, peppers, and grill markses. Hope you all like your calamari well done.

9 painted miniatures but sadly this is only a -6. The OSM gooper trooper was a freebie that arrived unplanned and two others are new sculpts all thus far unaccounted for. I’m happy to be zeroing out some of this year’s acquisitions though.

4 Likes

Great to see you back on the tentacle-horse boss man. Got to give the people what they want.

2 Likes

The moment you find these utterly powerless goobers in a secluded forest grove is when you realize… Bloodborne is more than just blood crazed dog-things. What in the cosmos is going on…

15 Likes

Two more down and I sure am glad there weren’t four of this mob. Two celestial centipedes (fluorescent flowers or whatever the hell they are) is more than enough.

10 Likes

Four brainsuckers painted on hobby hangout with @chitzkoi

Incidentally I realized I must have completed more boxes of Bloodborne on accident without taking group shots because I only have 14 models left. Saving the best for last… what nightmares have yet to be uncovered by the moonlight.

7 Likes

Group pictures of the Chalice Dungeon box. A bloody bow tied around another hefty swath of backlog.

14 Likes

Lovely painting, and creepy models…

2 Likes

Grant us eyes! Grant us eyes!

Bloodborne is at 10 remaining. Probably diverting from it a bit as none are fully ready for paint. I’m happy with the ones I chose to save for this final stretch as they’ve been the most entertaining to chuck the brush at.

There are Chaos Dwarfs projects, the arsetisans, and some undead on the bench next.

14 Likes

My 200th painted miniature this year! I had to make it a Chaos Dwarf. Now to start offsetting my purchases to hopefully earn my way to Blackshard

3 Likes

This…uhh
This could be a problem

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/steamforged/elden-ring-the-board-game

6 Likes

On today’s episode of Reaver paniks (see previous post) here are 8 chests for Bloodborne.

3 Likes

Another chorf off my desk. Getting closer to having to paint artisans models.

1 Like

Bloodborne is in single digits now folks. 6 minis left to base and paint.

Simple but I enjoyed these slime scholars. Had to do some fun mixing with olive green and turquoise to get the color I wanted.

6 Likes

Net zero build and paint, but a fun distraction. The majority of it came as part of a “sprue” from OSM. Figured it looked like usable ork terrain with some added gubbinz from da junk ‘eap.

8 Likes

I absolutely love this game and you’ve really brought this set to life, fantastic work!

3 Likes

Welcome to the vaunted halls of CDO fellow hunter!

Look at what I pulled out of my sandy pockets! The first 9 test models for the board game Ankh. A bit preemptive given that Bloodborne is unfinished but the hope is that these will set schemes in motion for some easy win Tomb Kings skeletons I’ve been assembling for nostalgia (and BATG).

I had to test a weird approach on these because the game uses snap rings to assign monsters to player colors. Unfortunately that meant base rims had to stay bare plastic. I modeled and FDM printed some fitted rim covers to assist during airbrushing that served to keep them clean.

Example of the base rim guards and a sneak peak of safe for work Bes.

Generic mummy

Generic mummy except it’s cats

Medjed

I haven’t done a headcount for Ankh but my guess is around 75 miniatures that I plan to paint.

8 Likes