Renovating a vacation shed

Great going here! Quite a job to plow through, but you seems to be doing well so far. Good tool recommendation, and excellent use of pallets. I’m mostly used to using pallets over and over at the carpentry workshop until they rot and break apart.

Also, someone get Eddy away from that shed. :smiley:

2 Likes

Mate he can’t be in mine all year round. We need to sort a shed share situation.

2 Likes

Right, was a bit early today so I did the plumbing of the sink, and made the first wall so I could add the wall socket.

The walls in the kitchen will be white washed and the back will be painted white.

Tomorrow I’ll do the rest of the walls, flooring and probably some paint stripping.

This is how I drove over here. The lowest boards are 15m² for the roof, I need 10m² more but those pallets still need some tlc. The 2x4s are for the new fence posts and the top layer of boards is what the walls are made of.

5 Likes

Day 2, weekend 3.

Woke op at 7 and stripped some paint, as silent as a could. (I took the picture when I was done for the day… )

Then I had a coffee at my sister around 9.30 and started building walls around 10.

When the walls were finished I could finally start putting in the new floor. This was around 1 in the afternoon.

And finally at around 7 in the evening I was done with the floor.

And a panorama, just because…

Now I’m going to take a shower, have a drink and light a camp fire… I am exhausted!

10 Likes

Oh yeah, the walls will still be finished later, I just needed them to be done so I could do the floor.

2 Likes

A solid day’s work! Well done. It’s looking smooth.

It’s really coming together dude, I reckon I know where the CDO Christmas party is going to be held this year :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

Haha, I hope you have warm socks because it gets cold here… :rofl:

1 Like