Russian Alternative asking for help and suggestions

Ciao everyone!
As you know, me and @MichaelX are managing the Instagram page of CDO (WHAT ABOUT FOLLOWING IT, EH?!?)

The other day Sargey aka Russian Alternative himself contracted at first me, than the page itself.

First of all, it doesn’t seem he’s gonna shut down soon because he asked us for help on new models range

This is what he wrote on the CDO ig page

While this was on my profile, i cut from the screen the 3rd ed warmachines sent

So, we have a good chance here to take part one of the best CD content creator outside out group!

Do you have any suggestions? I’d love to see some 3rd ed updated crew warmachine and boarcentaurs made into big hat era.
What do you think?

5 Likes

that’s right! I want to make 2-3 new sets, but I am not playing now myself and I don’t know what is required and in what style they should be made!

12 Likes

The man itself!! Priviet @Russian-Alternative and welcome!!
On our Discord server we were discussing yesterday about this chat we had.
Many suggestions will appear here soon!!

2 Likes

Hi Sergey! Great to see you here. Love your miniatures!

Personally, I’d love to see an update on some of the old 3rd edition war machines, as @Reaver previously mentioned. Or if you’re planning to do some more infantry, some Acolytes of Hashut. But honestly speaking, based on your previous products, anything new in the Dwarves of Fire Canyon range is likely to make it into my collection.

Thanks for everything you’ve done already for our little community.

2 Likes

I mentioned it in the other thread but will do so here as well. We were chatting on the discord about whirlwind and/or tenderizer re-imagination into the Dwarves of Fire Canyon style. Perhaps even turned into steam powered warmachines. Even a Skullcracker could be a good seller since it was harder to get from the Legion of Azgorh range.

I will echo @Habitual_Lurker and say something along the lines of Acolytes of Hashut could be a great choice. I own a great pile of RA infantry. I have always thought the kits to be top notch and a great value.

Really looking forward to this!

5 Likes

A chaos dwarf version of the empire steam tank, with the engineer with headswap for helm or hat is a good one. Bits to assemble a skullcracker (close combat mincing bits or a gun would be cool). Obviously there is a gap for tenderisers /whirlwinds. Macrocosm do a big roller pushed by a demon…thats it as far as competition…

Other things in the warhammer armies project include a war altar, a colossus (which could be anything big really). Your own version of an ass cannon might do well…
Have a look at the warhammer armies project 8th or 9th editions, they give me inspiration to cover every unit type, maybe they will do something similar for you?..

I am a helm enthusiast, most of your stuff is hat related, you did do some nice helm options for 1 unit recently though.

I do like that metal hobbo boss chilling on a wolf. Id like to get that someday

6 Likes

Yeah this is a massive shout - I second this suggestion

5 Likes

Initially I actually was leaning towards a mechanical version of that siege tower thing from back in the day, but I’m not sure there’s that much of a market for it. It would also be pretty expensive if it was up to size. Whirlwind/tenderiser/skullcracker seems to be more likely to sell, and probably less of a big project from sculpting/casting perspective.

2 Likes

Supercool, and nicely done of you guys! Maybe even a call out to FB and Insta for people options, or atleast directing them here to the relevant thread. :cd1991:

@Russian-Alternative Welcome aboard!

5 Likes

I think artillery is a great idea, maybe an Earthshaker or Hellcannon, or something halfway between, that could be used as either?

4 Likes

I like this idea!

1 Like

War machines and artillery seem to be a favorite, based on responses here. One thing I’ve found is that models for the Whirlwind or Tenderizer seem to be scarce and often secondhand. I also think that Russian Alternative versions of those would be popular.

2 Likes

An update of the third edition war machines please! Earth shakers, death rockets, hobgoblin bolt throwers! those are the ones we really need for our big hat armies!

3 Likes

Those you mentioned are 4th ed :cd1990:
3rd are the classic chaotic dwarfs with boar centaurs, bazookas and shit. :cd1980:

And the more time pass, the more I appreciate 3rd ed now as well and I wish to have some of them, so again, my vote is for boar centaurs and their warmachines! :smiley:

Oooooo, big-hat versions of weapon teams would be amazing, bazooka, flamethrower, swivel gun.

1 Like

Making Whirlwind and Tenderiser will be popular with vintage fans, but to sell to all the gamers beyond this board, they will need to run it as a Skullcracker. So, it would be a lot like your rocket/cannon kit. A big-hat take on an Azgorh miniature.

2 Likes

Yes, a skull craker/tenderizer with 2020 :cd2010: feel and 1990 look :cd1990gif:
Id really love to see some boarcentaurs, and those face shields once again, like gw just made with the swamp orcs

3 Likes

Yea! A big fan of these . Very oldhammer

1 Like

Curly beard immortals with skull masks amd a big hat

4 Likes

Oh wow, a great bit of news sorely needed after being laid up in bed crook as a mangy dog! Seems my body had a delayed negative effect to this damn covid vaccine.
Welcome to CDO @Russian-Alternative I am sure your arrival is very welcomed here by your many fans, myself included. I am sure what ever you make next will get the guys here salivating and eager to part with their hard earned pocket money, again, myself included, especially if I can get PayPal to stop being dicks and let me do business with you.

3 Likes