Russian Alternative

Original Thread Title: Russian Alternative Going Out of Business?

@rollforwounds shared this from a WHFB discord on our CDO discord. Thought I’d share here:

Very sad news. This company has served our community well.

If you’ve got an eye on any of their kits I’d recommend buying sooner rather than later guys

4 Likes

Bad bad news. Feels bad man, I always loved their work, I have one of their first set ever, now oop too.

O cmon!!!

3 Likes

Nightmare! Good thing I accidentally bought their whole hobgoblin range twice!

4 Likes

Damn! They’ve always made some of the very best models around. Excellent Chaos Dwarfs, top notch Marauders and sublime High Elves.

This is sad news.

Time to put in an emergency order. To see quality like this disappear…!

3 Likes

Haha classic Chitz

2 Likes

Yeah I think it’s now or never mate :frowning:

1 Like

Oof, that’s quite unexpected. Maybe 3D printing hit them hard…

2 Likes

Perhaps @Jasko

LK does what they do in a more affordable way :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

I’ve emailed them to just double check that it’s okay to take orders guys. So order if you like or maybe hold fire until I get a reply

3 Likes

It could be. I’ve not seen any difference on my end, but then again most of our products are so niche of the niche that there are few if any who does the same kind of things. More mainstream ranges may have been hit. Sergey told me back in 2014-15, when I was asking questions for a Word of Hashut interview, that the “Russian” in the name Russian Alternative apparently saw them lose a lot of customers once slices of Ukraine started to go missing. I had hoped RA’s fortunes had rebounded, because they have excellent quality and were also friendly and approachable to questions.

They deserve to thrive. This is all tragic. Sometimes I wonder if some baleful curse rests upon the entire Russian people, serving them a worse fate than they ought to have. They do not lack for brilliance, that is for sure.

6 Likes

Yeah confirmed. While stocks last. Get the minis while you still can gents

8 Likes

Heartbreaking news, love their stuff.

3 Likes

Sad news

1 Like

What sad news! I bought some, but it could have been more … but that alone would not have saved the company. :thinking: Too bad, too bad! :disappointed_relieved:

2 Likes

Anyone looking to get minis before they close - message me first. Sergey said to “ tell me what models the Dwarves need and in what style. Maybe We’ll have some more fun!“

I’m not 100% sure what he means by this but I think he’s suggesting I tell him what models forum users want for some reason? Maybe so he can make sur eg why are in stock? Maybe he will give away extra bits? Who knows? Communication isn’t mega easy. There’s a bit of a language barrier at play

5 Likes

What a shame, amazing sculpts that really helped support the faction. Rather penniless until september but I always wanted to buy this fellow, Russian Alternative just really captured the Dawi Zharr look with this sculpt.

6 Likes

maybe they mean something like a group purchase? even if idk how it will be possible being all of us scattered all over the places

i’m gonna purchase some stuff for sure. man i love their entire range. this hurts so much

3 Likes

@Oxymandias would you prefer a post here or a DM for those of us who are interested?

Don’t mind mate. Post here if you don’t mind others seeing I guess :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’ve hoovered up the remaining stuff I could conceivably want, so that’s nice.

If you add the bull centaur hero to your list let’s see what happens- I’m not up for buying it straight.

But, I’m happy to have paid him and his crew full price for the remainder of his stuff. I can afford it and he deserves it.

2 Likes