The Great Unification - Emissary Exchange

The emmisary sent to @delgdeathaxe has gone missing, Unclear if the offer was refused or the caravan went missing after leaving the stronghold. A new emisary has been dispatched to the next warlord, @Abecedar , in hopes of getting them aligned…

Dhograth the Destroyer, as he’s called these days, woke up with a jolt. He had a horrible night terror, flashes of blood, feeling as if the earth fell away underneat his feet, dark caves and red eyes in the dark… It felt so real, more like a vision then a dream.

He got out of bed and washed his face while looking in the polished silver mirror. He did not look forward to this day, but what choice did he have? After getting dressed he made his way to the menagery to feed his beloved wolves. They were hungry! When they finished feeding he made his way to his host for the final shared meal. They went all out this morning. His men filled their bellies and drank their fill, while singing and laughing. At least they were in good spirits!

Dhograth was still contemplating his dream and his appetite never came. After thanking his host and saying his goodbyes he went to check on their supplies. This gave him piece of mind, as he felt sure they would be fine. He had to show confidence to his man, and power to his slaves. On first light they would leave on a long, dull journey…

This is his journal:

Day 1
We set out on a dreary day with a map to the next stronghold. Our current hosts have tols us the journey would be perilous and long. I think they are exaggerating but we shall see! We are well equipped, have sufficient supplies and out numbers are great! So far the unification has been flawless and bountiful.

Day 4
We’ve made good progress over the past four days. Morale is high and as i had predicted, we are well prepared.

Day 20
The last fortnight has proven to be… a challange. We’ve lost some good dwarfs, some supplies and a handful of slaves. All that because of a broken carriage wheel on a mountain cliff road. Let’s hope it’s not an omen!

Day 44
We’ve been stranded in this godforsaken rocky plain for weeks now, it seems the old dwarf wasn’t exaggerating. About half our supplies are gone, same goes for the slaves. We’ve lost another wo dwarf and even more tragic, the amulets have been stolen. Can you believe it? Stolen! The betrayal of that… greenskin… We can not proceed without the amulets! I shall catch him… I shall punish him… and i shall make him fear the day he came into existance!

Day 65
We finally found him, hiding in a cave with some of his peers. It cost us dearly but we got him out. Alas, the amulets were nowhere to be found. I have flayed him, over the course of several days, feeding him his own bits… He told me the location on the first day, but i was not done with him yet. When i got bored i fed him to the hounds.

Day 95
The amulets have been recovered, supplies have been restocked, equipment has been repaired or replaced and new slave have been caught. We are finally on our way again!

Day 122
Nearly there, we can see our destination over the horizon… This has been a nightmare…

1 Like