The Remarshalling of Uzkulak

Okay, so here’s the start of me transferring my blog from the old forums.

Been in a hobby funk for a while so my work on my army fell by the wayside. At the end of 2019 I decided to try and get back into things so started to work on it again, deciding to come in fresh and started work on it, but sometime before Christmas that fell to the wayside as another funk hit me. The last couple of days I’ve been trying to get out of the funk and have started working on things again.

Pics to follow.

1 Like

First up we have my WiP Overlord based on the AoS Warden King miniature (forget what his name was in 8th ed where he was a named character instead of a generic one). I added the hat from an old Chaos Dwarf hero, replaced the weapon head with two axe heads from the same hero and replaced the shield with a hoplon from a plastic hoplite. I then sculpted a new face over the mask and have added some brass etched bits to decorate.

Next we have my WiP BSB. I used the old Chaos Dwarf hero who generously donated his hat and axe to the Overlord as the base. To make the back banner I took the standard back banner and replaced the poles with wire pikes and used fine chains to hang skulls from them. The triangle decorations are skaven shields. As he’d donated his weapon I used a plastic axe from one of the vanilla dwarf kits with the addition of a hammerhead on the back to replace it. Not sure where the shield is from, think it may be a very old orc shield, but not sure.

Next is the unit they’ll be fighting in, some WiP Immortals using the Ironbreakers kit with drawing pins in place of the heads. I’m sculpting scale armour around their legs and will be sculpting mask/hats and beards onto them:

What I’m not currently working on but will be eventually:

Slave Giant. This uses a 3-up of a Mantic Ghoul I bought on eBay a few years ago:

Earthshaker. This is the kitbash I made years ago for the previous iteration of my army. Undecided if I’ll stick with it or make a new one:

Rest of the army. Contains a Sorcerer-Prophet that’s being made from a Thorgrim Grudgebearer mini, a Sorcerer-Prophet made from an AoW Rune Priest, a Daemonsmith that’s being made from an old CD unit champion, a Daemonsmith made from a BfSP dwarf miner, two units of blunderbuss, a deathshrieker rocket, a unit of warriors with great axes and a unit of warriors with axe and shield using the BfSP dwarfs:

8 Likes

Great stuff! The hero’s face, is that sculpted? It looks fantastic!

Well done.

Yep, sculpted the Overlord’s face myself.

2 Likes

Awesome. You nailed it!

Thanks; hopefully the faces/masks of the Immortals will come out just as good. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I hope so too! Can’t wait. :slight_smile:

1 Like

A great start. Interested to see how your slave giant comes out. Very unique pick for the underlying model.

2 Likes

Love the Earthshaker! I vote for using it :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hat ornamentation on the BSB is great. And the lord is stellar. Eager to see some of these painted up.

1 Like

So many great conversions here I don’t even know where to start :woozy_face:
That Ogre slave is such a great mini, the mask looks great and the cannon too
Use of the skull for the back banner/trophies is great and the use in the FW brass for minotaurs also just fits perfectly (may steal that idea :shushing_face:)

2 Likes

Love the slave ogre. He looks perfect. Oh and you have to use that cannon!

3 Likes

Woah - it all looks incredible - such a lot of hours!

1 Like

Thanks everyone. Haven’t been doing any work on this army for a bit between procrastination and painting stuff for my local club’s Kill Team month. However look what arrived in the post yesterday:

(Pictured with classic big hats for size comparison)

4 Likes

Yes, Tjublings are quite big for 15mm but great models.
You did great conversions above, would like to see some painted :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thanks. I think the Tjublings could possibly pass as Chaos Dwarf kids in a 28mm army if you were so inclined to field them, lol.

1 Like

Most 15mm scale Ive got are 15mm to the eyes of a human, making the miniatures maybe about 17-18mm to the top of the head. There are loads of ranges out there, some of the older stuff is a bit smaller but it can vary some.

Here is how the Tjublings scale up to other 15mm ranges, two of the biggest and personel favorites are Demonworld by Ral Partha and Battle Valor. The Tjublings are the same hight as a Demonworld Dwarf btw, which I didn’t have available at the time of the photo. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Look what’s just turned up :grin:

9 Likes

Quite the loot :smiley: :+1:

1 Like

Have fun!

1 Like