The Wolves of WoE - A Hobgoblin army project

I’m a really quite terrible husband, father and employee.

8 Likes

My wife says stuff like that to me haha

3 Likes

Beautiful work with those hobgrot abominations.
It really is amazing how cheap they are to buy, nobody wants them because they’re damn ugly.
But!
With conversions, added bits, green stuff and some creativity they have lots of potential…which you’ve clearly achieved.
Well done good sir :+1:

2 Likes

Quote of the century :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

One last thing - how is connecting the heads to the torsos for the various conversions? I’m eyeing up the mesbg uruk hai pikemen and the plague monks, but I know head connectors are very inconsistent

In the words of @Loidrial “I bloody love a bit of furry fun”

Fur is the answer mate. See how many dudes are wearing little fur pelts and stuff around their necks? Every time a connector didn’t match I used greenstuff to make fur.

I know you’ve not had tonnes of greenstuff experience but it is the best beginner greenstuff project imaginable . You can use a knife or pin to make lines on a blob of greenstuff and boom - fur

5 Likes

I knew you were doing this. I saw them in the zine, but this is so much more then i imagined. Great army @Oxymandias. Very well executed.

1 Like

What’s the scale of those archers? And are Battlemasters minis readily available? I’m not familiar with them.

2 Likes

So @Ihsan997 battlemasters minis are 28mm and have aged okay as far as creep goes

(Being released about 30years ago)

They are findable on eBay and other sources too. Some dude scanned them for thingiverse.

Now that breaks copywrite laws that neither gw nor MB games seem to want to enforce it. Same with heroquest. Scans that break gw copywrite are destroyed mega quick by cease and desist. But rarely these joint mb and citadel ventures. Perhaps it’s murky on who owns the copywrite so neither fights it.

Anyway. I don’t download them. And I don’t print them. I don’t enter them into golden hat competitions. Just giving you some random trivia there :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Hot damn @Oxymandias these are amazing

3 Likes

ok MORE questions from me.

1. At some point, can we see a photo of the Uruk conversions next to the other regiments? Or am I looking at that in one of the group photos and not seeing it?

2. Are those thumbtacks as shields (with a small roundel of green-stuff in the middle)?

1 Like

When they are painted sure haha

I wondered if that might be it :smiley: I just want to get a sense of scale cos those Uruks are beefy by the standards of MESBG and I know MESBG’s internal scale can be inconsistent

1 Like

Yes! Correct :slight_smile:

@chitzkoi If I remember I’ll sort you a painted / unpainted scale comp

THANKS MAN THAT WILL HELP ME TO UNDERSTAND WHICH DIRECTION I WANT TO GO - THE PLAGUE MONKS ARE APPEALINGLY PROPORTIONED BUT THEIR ROBES ARE NOT A DEFINITE YES FOR ME YET. I LOVE THE LOOK OF THE URUK-HAI, AND I LOVE ME SOME PIKES AS YOU KNOW. BUT SCALE IS JUST A LITTLE TOO MUCH OF AN ISSUE FOR ME.
ALSO, THOSE PIKES WILL SOMEDAY BE A LITTLE ANNOYING TO TRANSPORT!

3 Likes

I AGREE WITH EVERYTHING @chitzkoi HAS JUST SAID

loud-noises

:wink:

I’m really enjoying going through these pics again, everytime I do I see more and more incredible things

Amazing stuff @Oxymandias

6 Likes

Insane Golden Hat entry! Ambitious to boot, and completed before the first deadline extension as well. Lovely converted, clever choice of bits and models, and exquisitely painted. Great to see some Uruk-Hai bodies in there, as a diehard Lotr miniature fan. The battle report with all the spiced-up pictures is such a wonderful touch! You have a real knack for it, man, both the modelling, mass-painting and photo manipulation. I know where to turn if ever I want a tabletop picture improved with special effects. :tongue:

Stellar showing! Too bad about the deadline hassle (early bird doesn’t get the worm, apparently), but good thing you came up with a fine compromise.

And thanks, it warms my heart to be compared to Matt Ward, I mean Marneus Calgar. :hatoff:

I suspect someone has dared @chitzkoi to write all comments this day in all caps. Fingers crossed the same applied to his work e-mail. :smiley:

5 Likes

:joy::see_no_evil:

I’m as confused as you Matte

3 Likes

i TEMPORARELY disable all caps message blocking because some posts on the old forum are all caps. Seemed simpeler than sanitizing the messages.

3 Likes