Thinking about BATG

When I buy cool minis and haven’t painted in months:

feel-shame

1 Like

I love the batg but once i finished Every unpainted model i had i Kinda dont see the point of adding and removing every new miniature i print/buy. So i havent been active anymore. Sorry bout that

But thats exactly the point. You add every new purchase and painted model?

and the secondary point being logging and displaying pics of pwetty paintjobs in a lovely archival viewer friendly and not social-trashchat format for somewhere between 1 and 25 people passionate about (at a minimum) angry bearded dudes.

4 Likes

Many creeds - but only one self-appointed, totally unofficial riot cop; me!

2 Likes

But you only get points from unpainted models previous year. So anything you buy and paint this year is a zero sum game and adda nothing to your BATG score. So in the sense of "who can paint most pile of shame competition " It has no point?

If you buy and paint everything you buy… yes. If you buy more then you paint… not really

2 Likes

Maybe for BATG 2023 we could think about a second metric based on models painted. Could be a way to honor someone who buys 200 models but paints 201, compared to someone who doesn’t buy any models and paints 5. Both have achieved good but slightly different results and deserve to be recognized as such.

I mean, since we post all the numbers, even this year folks will recognize large amounts of painted models even if the BATG score is not particularly low, but might be an additional motivator.

Overall we want two things: people decreasing their piles of shame and more blogs with nicely painted models. The latter can/should be motivation for everyone, even those without piles of shame to decrease, but why not make a second medal for it.

1 Like

I mean i like to show off the stuff i paint, you people know more then most. I I just dont feel the need to count it if there isn’t any point in doing so, no matter what i do there wont be any changes for me in the monthly roundup. Batg motivated the hell out of me though. I even painted the furniture in heroquest. So i am very grateful to it :grin:

1 Like

Where the blogs at? We (meaning me) love off topic showcases! Not as much as chorf blogs but still!

3 Likes

Off topic? You mean we have an on topic? I should use it at some point

4 Likes

You’re over here not starting and definitely not completing off topic armies every other week. Printing empty bases and calling them a unit of ghosts for undead. Tournament gamer to the core…
Erehwon a narrative hint to be found.

2 Likes

We have a topic??? Chaos what online??? Why havent I heard about this??

4 Likes

Yeah seriously, hold my Bloody Mary while I go post some Bloodborne on my BATG.

2 Likes

To your statement, yes, BATG definitely is oriented towards the people that have massive piles of grey shame. So the competition was definitely initially oriented towards them. HOWEVER, it’s still a cooll @ tag to be able to show the “dedicated painters” of the group to see the cool stuff.

2 Likes

Discord showroom :smiling_face_with_tear: