[TOW] Lost Legions book is finally here

Book is finally here. I will begin the packaging this sunday and sent during next week.

Some Swedish people maybe wants to pick em up during Old World GT instead? If so, contact me. @denelian5 @almaxaquattl @Valkuk

16 Likes

That would have been great, but I’m on parental leave with or 11 month baby so I cannot be going on the round trip necessary for the tournament. :smiling_face_with_tear: Please send it to me. :slight_smile:

I just found about this project from a Facebook group. Would have jumped on it if I knew before.

2 Likes

The pdf will be unleashed for spontaneous community printing very soon.

5 Likes

First ten go out tommorow. Had to buy packaging supplies

6 Likes

Thank you for your hard work!! I for one really appreciate you doing this for us :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Data package from February 18th. - FileTransfer.io - Link to the combined PDF. Have at it!

4 Likes

Thanks! Downloaded to see what will be coming in the mail box. ^^ Contents page looks like this for me though:

1 Like

Some more pictures of the printed book

What’s in the book?

• all seven legacy army PDFs, edited for two-sided printing (i.e. every other page was carefully flipped to have a full double page spread)
  • page numbers were modified to be continuous throughout the book
  • typos and mistakes in the PDFs were fixed (a list of all changes can be found on the last page)
  • the FAQ which was released at launch
  • full page artwork was added to the first page and in front of every faction army list

How to get a book for yourself
Use this link to download all files.

• TOW-Merge Rev-G.pdf
    All the pages of the final book. This is the file you would send to your PDF printing service.
  • Cover_RevC.png
    The wrap-around cover/spine/back graphic we used for our printed version.
  • The Old World - Lost Legions.pdf
    The complete compiled PDF with the awesome cover graphic. That is your version of the ePub books.

Issues with the first printrun

As you can see from the pictures, the cover unfortunately is shifted. Or not printed large enough. The books themselves look very nice, though.

We used the German version of doxdirect, which was not a flawless experience. At first, nothing happened for many days. Only after repeated emails and phonecall attempts did they tell me they had issues with their printer. In the end, they printed the books in the UK and shipped them to me.
We are currently in contact with them to try and remedy this unfortunate result. They claim they printed exactly as I uploaded the file, I think it’s an issue with the printing software, since you can see that the cover should be perfectly aligned on the spine but it is not.

It is noteworthy that official GW books are also not perfectly aligned, as you can see in these measurements of the official Rulebook

I don’t know what will come out of this in the end, hopefully some financial compensation, but I just don’t know right now.
For anyone who is thinking about printing the book for themselves, double-check everything you do and take copious screenshots!

Regardless, it’s a very beautiful book and you’ll be the envy of everyone at any event you’ll show up with it. Even with the misaligned cover.

5 Likes

Awesome! Is there any chance any kind soul is able to change the cover to say “Army Lists for the Legacy Factions” to match the other three books? Looks like “the” is missing on this cover. Beautiful book and can’t wait to print one!

1 Like

The ToC for me shows up as blank.

3 Likes

Please try the other link. This one works:

1 Like

I did. Same thing. Maybe it just doesn’t work in mobile. I’ll try at a desktop later at home.

1 Like

Yes, please check. I just re-downloaded the file from there and it works fine on a desktop and iPad for me.

1 Like

Thank you for releasing this to the group. We appreciate all of the hard work that went into this. If anyone involved wants a coffee or something I’d be happy to donate
:beer:

2 Likes

Thank you, much appreciated! I think I speak for everyone when I say we’re just happy to see the book in as many hands as possible :sweat_smile: GW thought they could relegate us the second rank again, but nobody puts baby in a corner. Print the book, show it to everyone you meet!

3 Likes

4 Likes

The preview doesn’t seem to work in firefox on the mega website for me on android either, but it does work in librera reader on android once downloaded.

2 Likes

Update: works fine on desktop but ToC is invisible still on mobile.

3 Likes

Will there be a second printing run for this?

1 Like