Updating/restoring my Mordheim stuff

Just finished my latest building. I couldn’t resist adding some magnets. Should make it easier to store and easier to reach the inside of the building.

9 Likes

MAN WTF I DIDNT EXPECTED SUCH A TWIST! HALF HOUSE DOWN :shock:

4 Likes

The magic of Magnets ;p

2 Likes

So I’ve finished constructing the buildings from the base game, and now I really want to continue with the buildings from the “expansion” Blood on the Streets! But I never owned that, so I need to find some more GW bits… They turn out to be quite hard to find ;p

I’ve started digging and asking around, and I’ve started to recieve some bits:

That looks good, and I’m getting there. But I still need some parts! If you have anything gathering dust in your bitsbox, this is what I still need:

• 2 small windows
  • 1 door
  • the special Mordheim sprue, so 2 ornate windows and 2 pieces of ruined roof

I can ofcourse scratchbuild this stuff, but a big part of the fun is to use original bits.

Almost there!

(Now I just need to buy some more plasticard, I’m completely out!)

2 Likes

Finally got to have a full read through this thread, been bookmarked for a while and I am glad I forced myself away from the 3d printer and made the time!
Awesome stuff in here, very inspirational.
I have only ever played Mordheim on the PC but seeing builds like this makes me want to get onto a tabletop with it. Really great idea’s and execution, everything looks so good and the functionality with the use of magnets is epic. Very well done mate, looking forward to seeing more of your projects. :hatoff:

1 Like

I dont know if Mordheim is any fun these days, with all the newer games and streamlined rules. It’s more likely I’ll play Frostgrave with these buildings.

But to 15-16 year old me this was awesome. The first time I really saw the idea of a warband in a miniature game, and all the individual characterfull miniatures really spoke to me. Ofcourse the awesome artwork in the rulebook helped. I must have read that book a 100 times when on holiday one year ;p

Well, here’s another update! I really should be painting the buildings that are done, but I really looked forward to building some more so that’s what I did ;p

I don’t have all the parts for the Blood on the Streets buildings yet, but I started anyway. I can always scratchbuild something if it comes to it. In the meantime I keep hunting for the last remaining bits.

This new building is going to be a big one, in fact the biggest building from the entire Mordheim set. Should look cool when it’s done :slight_smile:

And to finish of a slight little rant/dear diary:

During the last 15 years I always bought my plasticard from my local train shop. The owner had bought a load of plasticard in bulk one time, and sold giant plates of 80x80 cm for very cheap! An excellent material for a starting hobbyist like me. Over the years I would always have at least one sheet of the stuff to build all crazy projects I could think of. I’ve build an entire Necromunda boards, loads of Halfling buildings and even a Roman villa with the stuff! But when I wanted to buy some new stuff yesterday, the owner was all out. No more cheap plasticard…

So yeah, it’s the end of an era. It was lovely to have a seemingly endless supply of cheap materials. It was great to always have a load of plasticard lying around, especially when I came more adept at using the stuff. So now I have to buy it just like everyone. Yesterday I bought an A4 sheet of plasticard that was more expensive than my usual sheets… Might turn into a little less extreme projects in the future.

7 Likes

Wow. this is some very impressive work. Plastic card just looks so much better than MDF or foam board. How did you do the brickwork? A while back, I was also attempting some Mordheim buildings from plastic card but cutting hundreds of little tiles individually, roughening them up and gluing them down was driving me insane, so I had to stop. :wink:

Haha, making individual tiles sounds like a lot of work indeed!

I scrape the lines between the bricks in the plasticard, so it gives the idea of individual bricks without having to cut everything out. Then I rough up the structure with my Dremel. Still quite some work, but way easier than make all the bricks seperately.

3 Likes

Incredible work

1 Like

Tonight is our weekly boardgamenight, which has to be online these days ofcourse, so I have some time to work on my building :slight_smile:

I love this detail, a small hatch to a cellar or something?

Still looking for the last parts… should I leave the space for the original parts or just scratchbuild it?

4 Likes

It is always great to see the Old Mordheim terrain. They were such great pieces for what they were. You have done a good job matching the style. Keep up the good work! I think I remember seeing a long time ago, somebody converted and used the Chaos Dwarf Bloodbowl Team as their Mordheim set.

1 Like

You guys are still locked up? Seems so strange, out where I am life is going on as if nothing’s happening. Not helping me get game’s however with how busy I have been with work, my young daughter and trying to fit time into my “way too many hobbies”. Hopefully things easy up for you soon.

Ahh the mystery of a hatch door, sets the imagination wild :smiley: Love it!

Yeah, we’re still in lockdown complete with a curfew. Not fun, but it gives me time and focus to work on stuff like this. And ofcourse the joy of staring in the unendless abbyss of Covid ;p

So I finished some more stuff. I did almost finish the building from the previous update, but I’m not here to show that. Thanks to some friends I finally managed to find all the missing bits, so I’ll be able to put on the finishing touches next week!

What do I want to show here? Well, I want to use this stuff as a backdrop for pictures, that’s how this whole project started. But buildings aren’t enough for a backdrop, I need some ground coverings! Thank Hashut I backed a kickstarter for some dungeon tiles a while ago. So yesterday I grabbed some paint and painted them to match my terrain:

First I painted down some fancy colours, hoping they would break up the monotomy.

Then I added a black wash:

And finally a grey drybrush (which basically erased the previous colours…) with some patches of green and brown:

Which leads to pictures like this:

I hope you like it! :smile:

12 Likes

those tiles are great! i bought time ago the rollin pins from greenstuff world for make similar bases to my models, but this is on a totally different scale.
in any way possible! great thing Bas! Now i want to make some mordheim terrain too! damn you!!:mad:

2 Likes

GOGOGO!! Do you want me to issue a Mordheim challenge? ;p

Just be sure to post the results on this forum :wink:

3 Likes

​No real update on this project, but a city needs her inhabitants and after the Skaven warband here’s the first human. It’s the first mini I painted in a couple of months, since I was busy building this stuff. It was nice to paint again, and I should really do it some more.

So I present to you, the Sisters of Sigmar Augur:

Instead of the usual Blonde I tried to make her Ginger and give her some freckles on her body. Not sure it really works in this scale, but I kinda like the subtle effect.

6 Likes

Beautiful work as always, I keep coming back and I keep salivating over your projects lol
Well done again mate :hatoff: :beer:

Look at this. Isn’t this the most beautiful picture you’ve ever seen?

:smile:

So yeah, today I recieved some packages in the mail from friends who send me the last remaining bits I needed to finish this project, plus some extras! Looks like I can get back to work :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Nice one Bas! What a haul!