Uther the unhinged s legions of Hashut

Ok, I know there is a topic already. But though we have a shiny, high tech, fast, clever new site, sadly I am still a dull, low tech, slow, stupid user. I have quite spectacularly forgotten my password (this and other sites can cope with that level of rubbishness, but also my new username. I know, it takes a special kind of stupid. Hence after much failure I have decided just to re register and start again. Sorry.

Contents
The legion of Unknown Khazath
Steam punk LoA AoS

Legion of Kilain
CD Counts as Horde of Tamurkhan

Legion of The Nameless City
CD counts as ‘organic’ LoA AoS

Legion of the Harbingers of Hashut
CD counts as Maggotkin AoS

Legion of the Children of Hashut
CD counts as Beasts of Chaos

Legion of Daemons of Hashut
CD counts as Daemons of Nurgle
(Admittedly only one unfinished project but one day…)

Legion that has not been decided on yet but that I am sure I will want to make at some point so am going to put a place holder in for.

Oh and because I will forget:note to self Imgur tags need bracketing
(Thanks Admiral)

Now for place holders…

4 Likes

Place holder
Legion of Unknown Khazath

Place holder
Legion of Kilain

Place holder
Legion of the Nameless City

The history of the Nameless City is shrouded in myth and legend. Those who seek to know of her may find some enlightenment here [AoS] A Creation Myth: The Nameless City

Whilst Lord Kilain is the Battle lord of the Nameless City it’s true ruler is the Sorceror Uther (whom the foolish call unhinged). Uther is Master of the daemonsmiths and the great flesh forges beneath the city. Uther is responsible for those great mutated monstrosities that bear the servants of Hashut to war!

Of course every great Sorceror needs to leave his mark. Thus Uther caused the erection of a great tower to the honour of Hashut and remembrance of his name

The summoning and binding of Daemons has been used by the servants of Hashut throughout the ages. Sometimes bound into metal creations as in the far past. Yet Uther has perfected their binding into the living creatures produced by his foul flesh forges. From beasts of burden to twisted artillery all are subject to the will of Hashut. Even the foul servants of Father Nurgle can be pressed into service.

The servants of Hashut have long known the cost of the Father of Darkness’s blessing. Coarse brutish features, tusks, occasional hooves or a tail are so common they are not remarked upon. Indeed they are often seen as marks of honour. For sorcerors it is different. The sorcerors’ curse plagues all who would practice the art in Hashuts’ name. Some delay it with protective dweomers, others resort to palanquins. In the past some would use a combination of science and sorcery to replace the function of lost limbs. Margon the Short found a novel solution. One of the greatest daemonsmiths in Uthers’ flesh forges he used his knowledge to remove his petrified lower limbs, replacing them with a mass of writhing daemonic tentacles.Though still short even for a duardin, few dare to comment in his presence.

Of all the gifts of the Father of Darkness the Ba’Hal, the bull centaurs are some of the most respected. These great creatures continue to grow throughout their lives. The largest and fiercest, the Taur’Ruks are fierce warriors. Yet possibly the most terrifying are those huge ancient creatures that push the great daemon weapons of the nameless city. These quaintly named ‘Tenderisers’ and ‘Whirwinds’ are truly brutal weapons capable of devastating whole battalions of foes like the mechanical Skullcrackers of fame.

10 Likes

Place holder
Legion of the Harbingers of Hashut

Place Holder
Legion of The Children of Hashut

This legion is based on Counts as Beasts of Chaos, and for those who have seen my old blog Heli hats.

Anyway any BoC army needs a counts as Herdstone. So here is my Great Fane of Hashut

Any CD legion needs it’s sorcerors to command it. In heli hat society (much as in many CD cultures) social importance is directly related to the size of headgear (or size and number of rotors).

These count as Tzaangor Shamans and are my Stormcrow Sorcerors.
The chief is Dawvred Frorn Khriktoven
The Bloody Red Sorceror

He has two under Sorcerors (with only two rotors, Still lightning bolt shaped (this is important to sorcerors) but still with big hats are:

And

The one whose photo I can’t access at the moment.

And all three

The Helihats, or ‘Children of Hashut’ as they style themselves, are regarded askance by other Dawi Zharr. At best they are thought of as a bizarre sect, at worst a dangerous heretical cult. Their origins are not well known outside the ‘Children’ themselves and they are a secretive society. That they arose in Chamon, the Realm of Metal is known as is the fact that they were founded by their revered Sorceror Scientist Prophet ‘Khurtz’.

They describe their sect as being ‘born into war’. This possibly explains some of the differences between them and other Dawi Zharr. Lacking the security of mountain holds or great citadels the ‘Children’ developed a guerrilla style warfare, characterised by rapid moving forces. Their speed was enhanced and facilitated by the techno-sorcery they developed, notably their iconic Helihats. However they do share some similarities with their slower, more heavily armed kin. There is a reliance upon ranged weapons. Not the fireglaives of the earth bound, rather the Skybolt Carbine. These are powerful weapons of medium range but with incendiary ammunition which renders them quite deadly. More so when the accuracy is enhanced by the Stormcrow Sorcerors that accompany these agile Helihat artilllery units.

The Stormcrow Skybolts are the artillery of the ‘Children’s’ legions. These aerial sharpshooters often form the backbone of their legions. Each unit is led by a Crow Master who wields two carbines with apparent ease. The Crow Masters are easily identified by their larger double rotor helihats (notably smaller than the sorcerors).

Here are my Crow masters and their units

Like all duardin, the Children were plagued by low birth rates. This was an even greater problem for them as a small breakaway sect. Part of the problem is the low ratio of female duardin born. Initially, raiding of their despised kins’ holds for captives was sought as a solution. This proved both costly and yielded poor rewards. Therefore, their founding Prophet, the Sorceror Scientist ‘Khurtz’, attempted to address this problem directly. Quite what dark rites and twisted sorceries he used to meddle withe the very nature of his subjects none know. However he was successful… up to a point. The ratio of female duardin born to the Children increased dramatically. However, many proved incapable of bearing children. These became the ‘Handmaids of Hashut’. This devout order of female Dawi Zharr dedicates itself to the service of the Father of Darkness and his chosen representatives, the sorceror scientists. They renounce allegiance to family or clan . As a result they are highly valued by Hashuts’ priesthood. The ‘handmaids’ fulfil many roles in the Children’s society. Most of these are religious and confined to the temples. However there is one order that regularly operates outside the holy enclaves. The ‘Walkures of Hashut’ are a military order each chapter sworn to their particular sorceror scientist. Carried far across the field of battle by their heli hats they strike the enemy with a mixture of hand weapons and their feared heat lances. These wicked pole arms are powered by a mixture of magic, faith and engineering, ensuring their blades pulsate with the infernal heat of their dark god. Though they lack the stoical staying power of some of their more heavily armoured kin, woe betide any foe that makes the mistake of viewing them as members of ‘the weaker sex’. There is a reason many sorceror scientists choose to use these ‘handmaids’ as their shock troops!

Each squadron of Walkures is led by a ‘Hildar’, identifiable like their crowmaster kin, by their double rotors (Hat size is important to Handmaids as well!).

My Handmaids are arranged in squadrons of 3. Each squadron is identified by the colour of their stiletto shoes. Here are my ‘blues’ led by Clothilar.

ClotHildar Closer

Walkures of the blue squadron

Walkures of the yellow squadron

And BatHildar

Lastly Walkures of the ‘reda’

And GunHildar

7 Likes

Place holder
Legion of Daemons of Hashut

Placeholder
Legion that has not been decided on yet but that I am sure I will want to make at some point so am going to put a place holder in for.

Hah, I guess flesh is weak #mechanicum :no_mouth:
Real shame you could not retrieve it.
Farewell, @justin_cressey_rodge

The Helihats are awesome!

Glad you like them.
There are another 3 units of counts as sky fires awaiting painting, 3 units of counts as Tzaangor enlightened on discs awaiting painting, one unit counts as Tzaangors awaiting re photo and one unit counts as enlightened. Then two units hobgoblins/ungors needing touching up to complete the legion.

Well I say complete…er… there is a steampunk Doombull and 3 giants under construction.

Obsession is a terrible thing.

2 Likes

Due to start painting my 3 units of Stormcrow Walkures of Hashut (counts as Tzaangor Enlightened on discs). These are helihatted female warriors with big spears/bill hooks. The problem is whether to keep them all red robed (with red stilettos), or, to go for one unit red, one blue and one yellow for the whole flying circus vibe. What do you guys t to think?

I say go for red robes for everyone but with a different coloured trim for each unit.

Trim! Great idea. I will try it but my skills may let me down.

Blue stuff and milliput. A steampunk dream.

2 Likes

Briefly distracted from my steampunk obsession by the thought that I had been sadly ignoring my slaves. So… had a go at a slave hero (will count as Grashrak Fellhoof , a great bray shaman in my counts as BoC army)

Oh dear another mini on the painting list

4 Likes

Cool, but Id put them on the same base. To make it a bit more sturdy? :slight_smile:

I plan to do that but after painting. Wow, forethought from me, I must be ill!

You still have the most bizarre, odd, confusing, thought provoking and outright creative miniatures. And that good sir, is a good thing.
(Big) Hats off to you

Unhinged as ever. As is right and proper. Hat off to you! Great stuff as ever.