Xander's New Chaos Dwarf Army for Warhammer: The Old World!

Greetings! The release of Warhammer: The Old World has put fire in my belly and as a part of #Darkforged2024 I plan to make an entirely new Chaos Dwarfs army!

You may have recently seen the force that I rebased for Adepticon:

This is a meer fragment of my full force, which easily would double the size of the army.

As much as I like this army, it’s really a product of the 6th and 7th edition period based on the aesthetic of the Hellcannon.

But it has been many moons since I completed this army, so the time has come to start fresh!

Here are all the bits and bobs I have kicking about to work with:

This is already close to 2000 points in TOE, but I’m hoping to add some K’daai and some Renders, asking with another War Machine or two. Plus those new Wolf Riders look pretty cool. :ok_hand:

Here are the other two armies thatI have on the go for The Old World:

I’ve already played about 6 games, and intend on playing a lot more!

I’ll be at Adepticon in about 10 days time, and I’ll be representing CDO as best I can!

12 Likes

Wow, way to represent!! You’re a great ambassador! Thanks for all the time and enthusiasm!! Canada FTW!

~N

3 Likes

Off to a great start! I wish you all the persistence needed for a project of a scope like this!

4 Likes

Thanks guys! Really looking forward to this. :raised_hands:

3 Likes

So Hobgoblins with bows are in this edition! Free bows sound good to me, so I’m doing some conversions!

I found some wood elf bows that fit these guys pretty well!

Definitely easier than the conversions that I did for my previous Chaos Dwarf army. :sweat_smile:

The Darkforging has begun!

:hatoff:

11 Likes

Everything has become so easy. Consider in the original CDO days, unless you were absolutely loaded and were going to buy entire oop metal armies, the only option was DIY.

Even a few years ago it was a bit like this…

But the options we have now! So much choice. Hobgrots opened a lot of doors. And 3rd party for selection for chaos dwarf minis now …spoiled for choice

6 Likes

Your old Chaos Dwarf army is a wonder. It encapsulates the Hellcannon aesthetic, of which I’m a lifelong fan. Thank you for putting in the work to make that classic marvel. Your new Chaos Dwarf force looks promising, as does the other two armies.

Best of luck, and good work representing us at Adepticon!

Lovely business cards! Sweet look. Should it be discourse.chaos-dwarfs.com on the business cards, by the way? www.chaos-dwarfs.com leads to old CDO, and it seem the banner on top of the old site that directs people to new CDO is down. If the redirecting banner was returned, then the business cards will still work just fine. Just a thought. I guess they are old prints put to good use.

Neat and easy bow conversion there. Do you plan to string them? :smiley:

@Oxymandias : I’m stuck at the other end of the ease spectrum. Next year I hope to get around to handsculpting five rank and file very Scythian Hobgoblins on foot for casting (or at least scanning, should finances not allow casting). Long-planned project, and they’ll be the most detailed R&F Hobbos ever put out. Call it the Chaos Dwarfs Online syndrome: You join, you catch something nasty, and suddenly you’ve become a sculptor.

Cheers!

2 Likes

Thanks for the kind words, my friend!

But my dear Admiral, did you even go to https://www.chaos-dwarfs.com ? :hatoff: You are behind the times. :wink:

And yes, they are old business cards, from 2010., which predates the discourse forum.

Have you even checked out the Darkforged 2024 campaign page?

https://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/darkforged/

I haven’t thought about stringing the bows. Could be fun. :+1:

3 Likes

Ah, very good! I went via my instinctive bookmark link to the forum, but without /forum at the end it goes to the frontpage. Of course. All in order, my mistake. Lovely business cards, again.

I’ve read the lovely news post here, but haven’t checked out the campaign page before now. Wonderful campaign! I won’t have time for my own collection this year, so can’t join in, but it is tempting.

1 Like

Makes sense! :saluting_face:

And come on, it’s only one unit per month. You just need to buy and paint some movement tray spacers. How hard can that be? :sunglasses::+1:

You don’t have to complete everything each month. :wink:

2 Likes

So true! It’s great to have options, that’s for sure. I remember how excited we were to get a single Avatars of War Chairs Dwarf Hero. :joy:

3 Likes

Mate - look at the Zonk debacle. That was only able to go ahead because of gamers thirsty for chorfs. I own many zonks (well, some metal and some digital “Karma” dwarfs) and can tell you they are rudimentary compared to what @Fabelzel and @Brawniac are making now.

Still love my zonks - ugly and brilliant and a part of CDO history. But would they stand up on their own if made today and going toe to toe with Zel and Brawn?

5 Likes

I recall the scam, bit didn’t know about the somewhat happy ending.

Fascinating!

4 Likes

Ah really? Haha - it’s ended up being a great bit of CDO lore. Got lotsa Zonks in my army now :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I will always be salty I didnt buy when forgeworld were available, BUT! Now is the best time in a long time to star whipping the hobgoblins as an angry stunty

3 Likes

More progress tonight!

I’ve got a nice little force so far!

10 Likes

I love the Titan Wargames model! :hatoff: I`m curious to see them painted! :wink:

3 Likes

Painted them!

11 Likes

The models look fantastic! :hatoff:

I am always surprised how different the models look when they are painted differently. :thinking:

2 Likes

Thanks Zanko! Yeah, it’s pretty wild just how many ways you can paint something!

2 Likes