Your Armies: The Big Poll - Part 1 - Fantasy

Which of the non-Chaos Dwarf fantasy factions do you collect?

The miniatures do not need to be assembled or painted, and do not need to be GW miniatures - only miniatures you intend to use as this army, which you currently possess. Ideally, it’s enough to field a full army, but if you are only part way there, feel free to opt-in

You can double-count your Daemons / Warriors of Chaos under the mono-god options if you have an army that can be entirely or predominantly run as one god. If you only ever run a mixed-god list, don’t select a mono-god

• The Empire, including Kislev
  • Bretonnia
  • Dogs of War
  • Dwarfs (Order)
  • High Elves
  • Dark Elves
  • Wood Elves
  • Lizardmen
  • Ogre Kingdoms
  • Orcs & Goblins
  • Vampire Counts, including vintage Undead
  • Tomb Kings
  • Skaven
  • Beastmen
  • Daemons of Chaos
  • Warriors of Chaos
  • Tzeentch
  • Nurgle
  • Slaanesh
  • Khorne

0 voters

5 Likes

Subterranean warfare wins me over every day of the week! It is endlessly evocative and among the best concepts driven further in fantasy settings.

As such, my answer is Dwarfs, Night Goblins and Skaven (Clan Moulder).

And Chaos Dwarfs.

5 Likes

That’s a lot more Order Dwarfs than we expected, maybe some people just saw the word dwarf and didn’t read everything fully?

Also personally my armies (in order of importance) are:

• Dwarfs
  • Chaos Dwarfs
  • Empire
  • Orcs and Goblins
  • Undead Orcs and Goblins (So Vampire Counts)
  • Dark Elves
  • Sylvaneth (So Wood Elves)
  • Warriors of Chaos
  • Khorne Bloodbound
2 Likes

No, I believe the numbers, it’s the whole point of the poll! Makes perfect sense. Small wonder why people don’t post more order dwarf blogs though

Greenskins finally starting to demonstrate the dominance I expected.

1 Like

Tomb Kings and Bretonnia are only things I don’t have enough models to make playable army of sorts at the moment…

Greenskins are largest followed by various chaos armies and skaven then darke elves and wood elves…

1 Like

I’ll come round to it eventually :sweat_smile:

1 Like

My theory is that people were starring so long at traitor dwarfs in search for chaos dwarf conversion material, that they became accustomed to them and developed unnatural feelings towards them.

2 Likes

I think that’s fair. Personally order dwarfs are not for me but I ended up a squats collector which I never intended.

2 Likes

Give me a few years and I’ll add a pity vote for Dogs of War. By then I’m sure I’ll have painted enough auxiliaries for my Chaos Dwarfs to justify a standalone faction of proxy mercs.

2 Likes

I plan on transposing the spacehulk rules into a dwarf vs nightgolin ruleset at some point

5 Likes

Well don’t I feel basic now

2 Likes

Not sure I understand how polls work. Why are so few people picking the correct answers?
Screen Shot 2023-05-20 at 11.15.41 PM

5 Likes

I only collect Chaos Dwarfs, because everyone else is just bits fodder and the object of enslavement for the ever growing glory of the Dawi Zharr

3 Likes

I’m starting to feel good about the stats, 20 is a decent number showing a reasonable signal strength. Prior to this the prevailing myths, many strongly perpetuated by myself, were -

Greenskins would be top
This appears to hold true but I expected more than a little over half. “A Chaos Dwarf army is halfway to a greenskins army already”, or so the adage went. Perhaps not, as the many dawi-zharr-only blogs attest.

Order dwarfs would be under represented
This was clearly incorrect. There are many easy theoretical reasons to diagnose - I don’t care - what matters is, it was wrong.

Tzeentch would be strongly correlated
This exceeded my expectations in signal strength. I remain fascinated by this and am very pleased that we now have data to substantiate. Had I more than these crude psephological tools, I would have done a subquestion under every faction to collection qualitative opinions. Instead I am left with the open intellectual sewer that is your comments on this thread. Please, by all means, continue to piss your thoughts into it.

Chaos factions would be more strongly correlated than Order
I think this is in the woodchipper. There is no such correlation and Order factions fight for top billing. You would get further saying we all love artillery armies.

Elves would be unpopular, especially Wood Elves, commonly cited as the “opposite” of Chaos Dwarfs
It appears the thematic and aesthetic connection to Dark Elves, rarely explored except in some conversion work, trumps this principle. Tree Hitler has however been BTFO’d and for that we can all praise Hashut (by lighting another tree on fire)

Factions with a “lost civilisation” theme - Lizardmen, Tomb Kings - would be strongly correlated
I think this one is in the dumpster, at least as a prevalent theme.

Dogs of War, as another “lost” army, would be well represented
Just me then? I’ll show myself out.

2 Likes

Ogre kingdoms where you at?

1 Like

At the 4th place…? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Not anymore sadly

What’s the thing about Tzeentch, why this of all chaos gods?

1 Like

Another sorcerous chaos faction and Tzeentch usually have quite big hats, it’ either Khorne or Tzeentch with tallest hats, other has more skulls on them, other has living eyes, tentacle or two and maybe extra mouth on them…

1 Like

Someone done gone and scalped all the Dogs!!

The internet cruelty of such high horsers. It’s practically high elven with such blatant nose uppitiness.

Right, yep, noted, seeing myself out as well. Got trees to burn.

1 Like