Your Armies: The Big Poll - Part 1 - Fantasy

Do AoS voters choose Warriors of Chaos as that’s a common proxy force for chaos dwarf models? A short stride away from a fieldable army in the same way greenskins could be.

1 Like

One of the main origins of this investigation is the anecdotal phenomenon on Discord of Thousand Sons collectors, the nucleus being @Reaver, @Lord_of_Uzkulak and myself. That specific correlation will be investigated in a dedicated 40k thread later, of course, but to see the principle show up here is very satisfying.

Despotic, inhuman sorcerers filled with ambition is a key commonality - use of chaff, bold colourful aesthetics… and the traditionally high intellectual barrier needed to be a Chaos Dwarfs fan (consider how much Warhammer one needed to be immersed in to be on CDO prior to the release of Forge of the Chaos Dwarfs) could all be factors. But the question is wide open, and to see no clear second place among the other three monogods is extremely edifying.

3 Likes

I agree with the latter part. We are on somewhat soft earth with a lot of my contentions because we lack any dataset outlining how generally prevalent the Fantasy factions are/were. In reality if 70% of all Fantasy collectors collected Empire, they’d technically be “underrepresented”. It’s why I can only talk about hunches and correlations really.

I say this because I baselessly believe Warriors of Chaos are up there in a notional Big Three along with Empire and Orcs & Goblins, followed potentially by Vamp Countsz.

I’d wager that Warriors of Chaos are a pathway to many collections others consider… unnatural

1 Like

Expect khorne has almost as many votes as Tzeentch, only 4% less at this moment… And follower of Papa Nurgle are as low as Bretonnians, slaanesh between those two.

1 Like

Yet, irl… nurgle is vastly more popular than most

2 Likes

Very true, and it continues to change. That’s the beauty of the poll!

Case in point: Tree Hitler is back. Disgusting

1 Like

This exercise is teaching us that we have a lot of potential off topic showcases to encourage. Many of the top factions have tangential kitbash for chorfs ties that would really be well received in my opinion.

Bust out your order dwarf, WoC, and Dark Elf off topic blogs folks. Be the @Oxymandias you want to see on the forum.

Oxy, Lord of the Off-topic showcase, painter of pirates, baser of nighthaunt, rebaser of chaos, mutator of ogres, sewer dweller of mordheim, king of cheques, caretaker of baby Romans, and protector of the border princes.

4 Likes

What if some of us are trying to stretch our ~three army projects between all the forum we are visiting in addition to CDO? ^^

1 Like

Time and energy constraints are a real factor. No doubt.

But I want to make sure everyone including new folk are encouraged to post off topic showcases.

2 Likes

I for one would welcome links to work on other forums. We tried to reach out to the burning remnants of Carpe Noctem but it wasn’t up to much. It’s why we keep adding channels, like the instagram and such. Gotta go where the fans are.

What is Carpe Noctum? ^^
Sounds like one would call a VC faction forum.

Do we need a common thread for collecting an overview of our “foreign” army blogs?

2 Likes

Ding ding ding

1 Like

In my opinion this would live in your own thread in the off-topic showcase category. That way you can bump it if there are significant updates.

A little hyperlink spam and some images for clickbait.

2 Likes

I do wish there were other fora in good health like ours. Instead there’s just facebook, and it’s painful.

1 Like

At your service :saluting_face:

Also I sometimes paint chaos dwarfs

4 Likes

Idk, I regard the army blogs as dedicated to their specific project. I did mention this forum and my CDs once or twice over in my DE thread, under the pretence of excusing for a lack of progress there, but considered it off-topic. Would feel just as wrong the other way around.

I guess I don’t understand a reason you couldn’t make an off topic thread for yourself that points CDO members to your non chaos dwarf pursuits. It could be as focused or as varied as you like.

It could be a separate “blog” living in the off topic section, discrete from your chaos dwarf posts.

Many folks have off topic army blogs mate

Lord Krarqokatal’s faithful [2022-03-21] Big Bird (Titan Forge Amazon mount)
Veskisk Spitefur’s Vile Rippers [2022-11-30] verminlord, oversized hell pit abomination and last warrior musician

@Oxymandias has quite a few but im too lazy to look them up, many of the batg threads feature a lot of non dawi minis.

We encourage any mini blogs, even off topic!

4 Likes

If I see correctly, what you are linking here, are full-fledged army blogs.
Which is a good thing ofc., but need maintenance, even if all photos are made anyway and you can just mirror another forum’s thread, more or less. I tried mirroring a thread in the past, and it was quite some work.

What I imagine is a post with “Btw, I have this other faction’s army blog over there [link]”, which would much less justify its own thread (@Reaver), that’s why I was wondering about a good place for such.

“off-topic” in my above post ofc. means off the thread’s topic (bad) not in the off-topic subforum (good).

Right, i get what you mean.