Your Armies: The Big Poll - Part 2 - 40k

Which of the 40k factions do you collect?

Because Discourse limits us to 20 options in a poll, we are not splitting out Traitor Legions or Loyalist Chapters here. A Chapters and Legions poll is posted here.
If you have a Kill Team that broadly fits one of these, feel free to vote for the faction that feels “right” to you. If you collect epic or BFG or any other system set in 40k, feel free to do the same.
Choose Chaos Daemons only if you are collecting a daemons-only force.
Squats and Votann are separate.
Ynnari collectors who use miniatures from both Craftworlds and Drukhari ranges would select both options, if any existed.
We are not distinguishing Loyalist or Traitor Guard or Knights or Mechanicus, or Chaos Squats/Votann.
We will poll game systems at a later date.

• Squats, including vintage, third party or proxy, including Chaos Squats
  • Leagues of Votann (new range only)
  • Sisters of Battle
  • Adeptus Custodes
  • Adeptus Mechanicus
  • Imperial Guard, including Tempestus Scions
  • Space Marines
  • Knights, including Chaos Knights
  • Chaos Space Marines
  • Chaos Daemons of any kind
  • Orks
  • Eldar, including Craftworlds, Harlequins, Corsairs, Exodites and Ynnari
  • Dark Eldar, including Ynnari
  • Necrons
  • T’au Empire
  • Tyranids
  • Genestealer Cults

0 voters

1 Like

Whilst I was of the “chorf only” category for the fantasy, I have definitely lost my ability to claim primacy of a single faction in 40k.

2 Likes

Me tyranids are kind of slaaneshi daemons same time, well at least possessed by them. Also have like several ork armies, same with both marines and chaos marines. Btw it is missing traitor guards and cultists…

1 Like

As we said in the instructions, traitor variations should be stacked with the Loyalist version. Vote guard or CSM depending on how you build and/or play the army.

As someone who has never actually played 40k or painted any 40k, I have:

(In descending importance)

• Orks (Probably 150+ including deffkoptas, battlewagon and killa cans)
  • Necrons (9th Edition Starter Set)
  • Eldar (That I hate and I don’t know why I still have them)
  • Space Marines (That I only have until I find a way or energy to offload, so really the opposite of collecting. Unlecting.)
1 Like

Unbelievable failure for loyalist space marines and custard toads. Really interesting, but lots of votes still to come.

1 Like

Truly heartwarming results so far.

People better put their money where their mouse clicks are. The marine legion poll better not reveal any blue prime-rib smurfettes.

1 Like

I totally neglected that I had to vote for Space Marines, too. Changed it now, even if it feels a bit embarrassing.
On the other hand, just yesterday got a new box for my Eldar (the one with the many corsairs) despite not playing 40k for several years now. ^^

1 Like

I voted for what I’ve made an effort to “collect” but it’s all in very small amounts still. I’d love to say I collected Custodes but there’s only 1 sculpt in the whole RT range and I still haven’t found one :laughing:

2 Likes

@Kuanor collecting the lesser-known, obscure vintage faction of loyalist Astartes on this board clearly gives you huge street cred

@flagellant04 no shirt - no service

Necrons and Tyranids shooting up the charts is the big surprise of this graph for me today. The Space Marines charting poorly was reasonably hunchable. Also feels like Votann underperformed with this crowd.

Not even!
When I started Eldar in ’99 as my very first tabletop army, I had sworn never to touch boring cheesy SMs. ~10 years later I had a weak moment and now I have some half-build and partly-painted supposed-to-be Raven Guard lying around. I did do some research on the less known chapters, even read a few novels despite usually not enjoying them, but didn’t find anything I’d like enough to choose. The whole idea at that time was to have a (sub-)faction with actual GW support for a change.

1 Like

My Genestealer Cult army seems to be showing me up as someone who picks the weird army that is dropped by GW for some editions of the game, whichever game it is.

2 Likes

Chaos Space Marines - Emperor’s Children/ Fabius Bile. Arrogant, narcissistic, absolutely obsessive, easily bored – and the Emperor’s Children are like that too. They’re my first army and painting them is taking absolutely ages.

Space Marines - Iron Hands primaris successor chapter. Cyborgs with deep-seated trauma and an obsession with cutting away their flesh to replace it with bionics. My chapter master is a dreadnought who’s secretly harbouring a dark age AI. He’s taking his guys on a pilgrimage through the dark imperium, purging chaos and xenos as they go, but his motivations aren’t entirely apparent…

Leagues of Votann - I have them, I have a cool scheme in mind but not started yet. Still working on a narrative for them but I’ve got a kind of explorer/mechanized force thing in mind where they’re scouting for a new place to hide their ancestor core.

Necrons - a classic metal and green scheme for these guys that I’m working through when I need a break from painting endless gold trim

2 Likes

I hope you enjoyed the Bile trilogy from Black Library, cos as a non-EC fan, I thought it was some of the best CSM writing I’ve ever experienced. Welcome to the forum, are you our lone EC voter on the Legions poll?

1 Like

Absolutely, the Fabius Bile novels are what really sealed the deal!!
Looks like there’s another devotee of Slaanesh about - just threw my vote in there!

1 Like

If @KhamdrimSkyMaster hasnt voted yet there will be more here

1 Like

@Reaver and @chitzkoi Should have been the first set of votes (or second).

1 Like

Just gonna drop this HERE

2 Likes