Zanko`s Army of the Lizard King

It’s one large base, not brilliant, but it serves its purpose. I think by the end of the week it will be ready and there will be a photo.

The unit of the “Acolytes of Hashut”, including the petrified Chaos Dwarf Scorcerer, is finally finished. The basing really cost me a lot of nerves, I’m not completely satisfied, but that’s how it has to go for now.

… to be continued!

10 Likes

They look great! This is the 1st time i think ive seen anyone cover this unit. Your choice of models fit the rules well. The petrified sorcerer on the disc is good idea.
Warrior priests of hashut. They may well be better than immortals. S5 magic attacks. Can pray every turn and magic resistance.

1 Like

Since the order from Spain arrived this week, I started painting the Secret Santa model. I hope @MichaelX will like it.

Otherwise I’m waiting for the next miniature order, which will probably take a while. Until then I will probably start with the landship.

Today I cut the first “wheels” and realised that I drank the whisky for nothing. The size of the can was too big. The parts of the “Pringels can” will now become the rear wheels. For the front wheels I have to search again. I don’t know, but I’ll keep my eyes open next week when I go weekend shopping and hopefully I’ll find something suitable. :smiley:

2 Likes

I’m sure I will mate!

1 Like

Yesterday a new package arrived, with a new Scorpion (yes I think the conversion Michael got is very successful and am building a second model) and another small troop. But this one has to be based on 25 mm bases.
Guess which models they are! :wink:

2 Likes

Spanish hobbos?

1 Like

Nope - no Gobbos and not from Spain! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Ok, ok, the general tension is very limited … :confused: it’s the Dwrowgrim from West Wind Productions.

WWP

I’ve been toying with the models for a long time, but they were always too big for me. But now that almost all “body sizes” are represented in my army - and the chaos has strange blossoms - I have bought the models after all. Let’s see how I paint them, I’m still undecided. :thinking:

6 Likes

I always like their normal dwarf range. Be interested to see what models are like

1 Like

Very cool new unit, Zanko! Love it.

1 Like

What a coincidence, I finally get the hang of crafting and painting again and what happens? :shock: The announcement for the new GH is here! :beer:

Now it’s time to focus, work out a suitable theme and then implement it in a stringent manner … The latter is probably the biggest problem! :smiley:

9 Likes

Nice acquisition. I’ve had my eye on those Derowgrim for quite some time but never pulled the trigger. To many other unpainted models. Looking forward to seeing how yours come out!

Look forward to seeing what you do for the GH.

2 Likes

Yeah, at 30mm scale, 25mm bases they are more like giant dwarfs in comparison to GW models. It would be great to see what you do with them anyway!

2 Likes

I’m not sure yet what I’m really going to paint / build for the GH contest, but I just kept on painting. Let’s see what I create so and then possibly can put together to a complete picture. :thinking:

@Antenor `s “Secret Santa” model has arrived! Very ingenious model, :beer: I just have to think of a way to get it in the right light, then there will be a photo! :metal:

4 Likes

Although a bit late, here is the “Secret Santa” figure from @Antenor! :beer: Very cool model, currently I am building a diorama where the model will be positioned. Since I don’t feel like painting at the moment, I just tinker! :wink:

17 Likes

very nice :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Even though I haven’t gotten much done lately, at least I finally finished 2 legacy projects.

Rune stones:

Ruined Monastary:

… to be continued!

10 Likes

This is my Baggage Train => in parts also my entry to the GH XXXVIII:

Since I had already painted some of the models in advance and timed them here, I could unfortunately only use a part as GH entry.

13 Likes