ZODDs Realm of Chaos(-dwarf)

These look class @Zoddtheimmortal
Also excited to see why you do with the em4 cheap as chips dwarfs!

Best of luck with these interviews man. Sounds absolutely brutal :weary:

1 Like

These actually look like they came right out of your army oxymandius. A better fit than for mine. 25p model ,£1 head, some shortbow ends and quite a few hrs of cutting and gluing. Not much to show for the effort haha

2 more join the illustrious ranks of the immortals.

Thanks to zanko i have acquired some of clams mounted cd knights. I love them. My brain is hurting trying to work out the best uses for them. Ive been trying out different mounts such as an old cockatrice (too small), manticore and a little ralpartha dragon. A unit of juggernaught knights would be awesome too.

Even thought of using one as a proxied hobgoblin wolfrider big boss. Means i can use him every game then :hashut: and he is just far cooler :cd1980:

3 Likes

So in my opinion Chaos Dwarfs look very awesome on Juggernauts! :hatshut:

Otherwise, I’m very excited to see your self-made CDs complete and painted!

3 Likes

Hehe those jugg knights are awesome. I keep forgetting your stuff. Ive gone through both your blogs a couple of times. Im for sure going to a similar cd chariot as yours at some point.

Juggs go so well with chaos dwarves i think.

1 Like

Oh wow! These came out really well! Half the effort is base removal I imagine haha! Great work

2 Likes

Immortals are now finished. I had to use unit fillers to make them fit. Since they are stubborn i wanted a valid reason for it. A wheelbarrow of looted treasure would work

Probably my cheapest unit to build so far. Maybe ill up them to 30 one day…

1st rank of the crossbows are done too, 5 to go. The em4 models remind me a lot of the skull pass dwarfs with guns. Just slimmer and slightly taller.

6 Likes

Looks amazing @Zoddtheimmortal !!! This army continues to be my biggest inspiration for the army I’m current putting together! Great work. Those em4 dudes have worked particularly well

1 Like

High praise indeed! I likewise have got plenty of ideas from your posts across various blogs :smiley:

Looking forward to seeing your finished whirlwind.

1 Like

This big guy was also imitating (maybe poorly) somebodies artisan drawing too. I was long ashamed of the previous paintjob over 20yrs ago so the competition gave me the perfect opportunity to revisit it. I had to cut the hair from his head and he immediately looked more dwarf-ish. The helmet is from a spraplauncher catapult.
It looked ok but lacked the x factor though so i thought of something else to do as well…

7 Likes

Probably my fav entry from this last comp Zodd! Really great stuff. Had the slave vibe down perfect with that metal covering on his head etc. Great work!

3 Likes

This next one is my most ambitious conversion to date, no way i would have tried stuff like this a year ago. Learning stuff from all you fine gentlemen

Its not really a giant though, probably more of a steam tank type thing.

The cannon is an atom taylor big hat. The carriage is a corpse cart. I have no idea what the seat thing is from. Wish i had a few more of them. Did a lot of adjustment on the gunners arms. Tried to make it look like the seat could change direction and change angle of inclination.

12 Likes

Excellent modelling and painting! All three stand out well. :beer:

1 Like

fantastic idea using juggos as support base!! never thought about it!!

1 Like

And last of the trinity is this guy from scotia grendel. I saw an image in the 9th? Edition warhammer book and had to have it. Its pretty cheap as well. The resin does whiff a bit though haha

Taken quite a few attempts to get a photo small enough of this brute to upload here.

At least now i can catch up on stuff ive painted since some shitty work interviews :sad:

7 Likes

Have to say, I liked your entry quite a bit. The juggernaut cannon was brilliant, but this one was definitely my favorite of the three models. I love seeing these characterful models painted up, and your execution is great. Have had my eye on these for years, but never picked them up (probably should, because my luck they will go OOP just before I decide to actually do so). Well done!

1 Like

Cheers for all the positive comments guys. It seems i had my own competition within the goldenhat competition. Each one of mine got a vote haha

2 Likes

Great stuff from you again! I always enjoy admiring your conversions and your painting! :cd1980:

1 Like

Great conversions and painting¡¡ love it¡

Yes! I painted one of these a year ago. Lovely model. Smelly resin. Weird ain’t it! Haha

He looks class!

absolutely great lid on this guy! I sure do hope he speared some poor soul on a rampart with it by charging headlong at a wall!