28mm early imperial Romans

Fine job! I like that you went for realistically coloured clothes, it looks great.

2 Likes

I have no doubt that Vespasian would be pretty flattered by the idea that he has equivalent value to Caesar plus Scipio… you’ve made a roman ghost very happy

4 Likes

Yeah I tried to go for mostly natural cloth with a few in red here if there. Officers will get fancier colours.

My auxiliary units are brighter but they are all Gauls - they loved bright clothing!

2 Likes

Something to go with your Romans mate… :wink:

obelix 3D printable model Asterix and Obelix diorama (cgtrader.com)

4 Likes

Amazing!!!

Thankyou Chief Printitkwix

2 Likes

I just know if I ever get into historicals I will go absolutely mental and end up collecting everything ever made. So until I win the lottery or great uncle bob dies there’s no historicals for me!

However, that being said, I am very interested in getting some Celts/Gauls or Vikings and using them as Chaos Thugs for the main army.

What you have done so far looks great btw pal!

3 Likes

9 posts were split to a new topic: Curved Roman Scutum - 3rd Century CE

Titus has arrived to inspect the troops.

10 Likes

Magnetise a holstered bolt pistol on his hip and he can double as Lord Commander Solar Mecharius:

:wink:

6 Likes

Definitely similiar energy!

I can’t imagine how monotonous that must have been. Taking a step back and being able to see what they look like must be amazing! they look super cool!

2 Likes

@KhamdrimSkyMaster yeah it’s hard work haha. However the shield is the most important bit. Get the shields right and you can be lazy with the soldiers haha

2 Likes

They tend to draw the eye if good. Kinda like an amazing detail that pulls away from a poorly drawn face cough cough, my entire Emp Child army

2 Likes

In this case it’s more along the line of 90% of the mini is hidden behind its shield anyway. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Definitely haha

A post was merged into an existing topic: Curved Roman Scutum - 3rd Century CE

My Romans went head to head against tomb kings last night. A close fought affair. In the end - a loss.

Highlights: The veteran imaginifer lead a suicidal charge into a necrosphinx, killing it but also destroying himself and ten legionaries in the process! The lich riding atop survived however. The tribunes unit murdered a giant carrion beast with pila alone but we’re later routed when a chariot smashed into their ranks. The scorpion crew managed to fend off flying attacks from another carrion bird for 4 turns! The skeletons overwhelmed us and all fled, save the brave scorpion crew who never abandoned their post!

12 Likes

Romans VS Tomb Kings is something I didn’t know I wanted. So flipping cool! Did you say this was Kings of War?

3 Likes

@rollforwounds
This was played using a little known system, that I’m evangelically obsessed with, called Warlords of Erehwon (WoE)

More info here:

You’ll also find me and my mates free Warhammer armies army lists here:

3 Likes

Looks epic!

2 Likes