3D Printing Files For Sale of Interest for Chaos Dwarfs

Terrain is usually big. I mean, if it fits on the plate, you are fine. Boulders, 15mm houses, etc. are great. 28mm terrain tends to be too big to fit. It’s also usually cheaper to use a filament printer, anyways for the bigger jobs. Those things are a pain to level when compared to a resin printer.

1 Like

Yep. I spent a long time trying to figure it out online and watching videos and such. It’s really pretty simple once you figure it out. Better to pass along the knowledge than have someone else suffer through my issues.

You will have issues from time to time with some print jobs not coming out well enough. This just happens. Maybe the build plate wasn’t quite level. Maybe the weather affected it. You can have the same print job work one day and not work quite right the next.

I wish I was super rich and could afford an auto-leveling resin printer, but those are crazy expensive.

1 Like

I have to say, coming from fdm printing… the leveling on my photon is easy peasy. Loosen her screw, move bed down until tank has some resistance when sliding back and forth, tighten hex screw.

The leveling process on my ender 3 pro is loosen 4 thumb nuts, Level each corner 2 or 3 times to make sure they are all level. Changing one corner also changes the opposite one, that’s why you need to do it a few times. Then tighten the thumb nuts and check the leveling. Then it all depends the nozzle width, temperature of printing, speed of printing,…

Much more time consuming and prone to having to relevel.

Also… splitting terrain to fit on resin printers isn’t too much work, but it is much much more expensive then fdm for sure. A large size printer resin printer like that 8k one coming out soon should fix the bed size at least.

1 Like

Yeah I been loving my mono x, I have not leveled it since the first time I got it set up properly. Although the word level does not really fit… I did the home setting thing with the head thing in the tank and made sure its sitting flat in the tank but the table I have the printer sitting on is not level at all haha and when I fill the tank with resin I can clearly see it is not level lol still prints good, my biggest learning curve was getting supports right and learning not to trust pre-supported models (some work but mostly not from the models I tried), oh and recently working out it does not like printing in the cold (thanks @MichaelX :wink: )

Is that the Mono X Pro? You seen build plate size for that thing?
Ohh also there is a sale on at the moment for Anycubic’s - It’s been tempting to afterpay a 2nd one lol

Level does not mean the printer in relation to the earth but the bed in relation to the screen or nozzle.

So you have leveled correctly Allright :slight_smile:

I level only after replacing fep/screen or if I have a print that is very stuck to the bed.

1 Like

Also, not sure if it’s the mono x pro. I know it’s 8k and somewhere near 33cm by 18cm bed size. That is very very impressive!

1 Like

Wouldnt mind 1 of these…or…

Someone make these with a centaur!

2 Likes

With the attention that a new Chorf release brings, and TWW3. imagine how many more STL files will run rampant! Especially if the new AoSthetic is divergent enough to warrant our stalwart 3rd party venues riffing in entirely new ways. Not to mention the “definitely not a warlord titan” centerpiece models that will need proxies. And the endless spells of the lore of Notshut. and the drop in place oil rig terrain thing equivalent of the loonshrine thingy.

Even more need for a printer!

1 Like

Wallet is screaming at me from my pocket whilst comparing these huge numbers to the also huge lost kingdom terrain I conveniently already have files for.

3 Likes

As a wise and powerful emperor once said…

tenor

3 Likes

Lost Kingdom’s Hobgoblins and Chaos Dwarfs

Hobgoblins

They have a LARGE selection of Chaos Dwarfs…

anointed-bul-thaurs

https://www.lostkingdomminiatures.com/en/24-infernal-dwarves-magmhorin

3 Likes

Looks nice!

5 Likes

This guy has some beefy bull centaur style creatures. I’m sure there were some that were more bull-based than Dragon-ogre, you might have to poke his Patreon to get those.

1 Like

Would you agree, that “Charon’s Tower of Death” is a bad name for a Chaos Dwarf Juggernaut?

It even seems not part of any CD-related release, but as far as I can tell, barely requires changes to be a more industrially designed juggernaut.

2 Likes

Wow, if LoA did a juggernaut :thinking: that’s pretty cool, officially on my ‘one day’ list

It’s the meanest looking seige tower I’ve ever seen.

And it was not even inside a chaos dwarf release!

I just checked it’s WAP rules, they seem written with the old metal model or some strange modification in mind: regular chariot base size, minimum CC capabilities, double-barrel cannon on top, pushed by a bull centaur, but still a demon engine…

I would probably scale this model down to make it at least fit a custom 100×100 base or sth but still have space for 5 dwarfies, and I’m not sure about the ballista on top which is supposed to be cannon, but looks good on the model as it is. Adding cannons (to the sides maybe) on the other hand could make it convoluted and cartoony.

9 Likes

Anyone bought this yet, i want this in my life!
I bet its the same guy that did the whirlwind

1 Like

Yeah, I did. Couldn’t resist. ^^ Don’t own a printer though. :sweat_smile:

1 Like