Antenor's Evil Dwarves [2024-01-31]

A Model of a Modern Major-General

Lost his right hand in the wars, the poor chap. His reasons for keeping the glove anyway are as little understood as his stubborn refusal to accept a mechanical replacement or his taste in protective headgear.

I had a good time with this sculpting project (except the hat bit, that was a pain :smile:), though unsurprisingly it took me far too long once again. I’m content with the result and expect he’ll make a fine commander for my evil gunpowder dwarves!

Up next… how am I supposed to know? But summer is here, and @MichaelX has kindly agreed to send some Brazen Bastard dollies my way. Let’s see what happens, shall we? :smile:

Thanks for taking a look, and as always I’d love to read your feedback!

18 Likes

If uh… if you want this digitalized… we can work something out :smiley: pretty sure you’d make @Reaver and myself happy haha

8 Likes

One more an awesome sculpt! I"m really impressed of your modelling skills! :hatoff:

2 Likes

Truly the very model of a modern major general!

What a great touch with the horns and nailing the glove to the hat. Excellent.

2 Likes

Thank you for the kind feedback, fellows!

Thanks also for the offer, dear @MichaelX ! But the Major-General has (so to speak) a previously arranged appointment - however, the next dwarf leaving my table shall be a dedicated Brazen Bastard. Historical reference material has already been collected, first sketches have been drawn, and all I really miss now is a dolly. :hatoff:

4 Likes

One hell of a hat!!! :top2:

2 Likes

Love the modern major general sculpt. The horns around the hat are brilliant ASF the mood of the piece in general is excellent! I’d pick this one up if it was cast.

Cheers!

1 Like

A big thank you to @MichaelX for gifting me this beautiful set of Brazen Bastards! I’m looking forward to unleashing them on the tabletop. :hatoff:

5 Likes

Very exciting! I’ll be most looking forward to seeing how the turnip guy fits in your crew!

3 Likes

A small (lame pun intended) update: All the recent talk about 10mm got me curious, and somehow the idea of trying to sculpt a dwarf in that scale took hold in my head. This little (sorry, I did it again) project was both conceived and executed very quickly, and it was a lot of fun. In fact, I think I may even find sculpting at this scale easier than in 28mm - one can concentrate on the essentials of the miniature’s look, without having to bother with pesky details. More may follow when the fancy takes me again. :smile: Thanks for taking a look, and let me know what you think!

6 Likes

The Corrector

I sculpted him, I’ve got to paint him. Fair’s fair. :smile:
I toyed around with the slap chop technique on this one, using Army Painter’s speed paints. All of this was mostly done in one evening, and I am very happy with the time-output-ratio. The gritty style also fits this sculpt quite well, I think. I’m definitely going to explore the technique some more in future paintjobs.

8 Likes

Lovely colours on a great sculpt. Just need a full regiment of them painted now! (Ill check back in 2yrs! :hob2: ) haha

1 Like

Holy cow (and/or walrus and/or pig)! Sharp skills at that scale! Hope to see more.

2 Likes

Haha, thanks a lot! I’d love to make some more 10mm dwarves in this style, if time suffices and no intrusive idea for another BB gets in the way. Let’s see what the cold season brings! :smile:

The angle of his weapon is somewhat off, as I only properly noticed on the photo (and then in daylight), but that can be mended to a degree without too much headache, I think.

1 Like

Confronted with an ever-decreasing allotment of hobby time, but still wanting to have some of my self-sculpted miniatures available to me for gaming, I approached a very talented local hobbyist for a painting commission. Here are the results!

I had them painted in sixes with OPR in mind, although thanks to unit basing I might even field them in KoW games along with my other evil dwarves.

I must add that I am personally responsible for the colour schemes, so please direct any complaints in that department to me (they are all historically inspired - yes, even the light blue and pink ones, which are my favourites :smile:).

The bases I undertook to handle myself, but as of now, I’m still unsure what to make of them. Something keeps telling me that 90s-style bright green should play a part. Suggestions are welcome.

I’m very happy with these fellows. Let’s hope they get an opportunity to teach their enemies proper style and good manners on the tabletop soon!

For anyone who might be interested, these sculpts have also recently been added to the Brazen Bastards.

Cheers
Antenor

9 Likes