Anzu's BATG 2022

Ok, here comes my attempt to scale the grey mountain.

:heavy_plus_sign: New Models Purchased: 49
:heavy_minus_sign: Models Painted: 0

Total: 49

Project Overview (more details added as the projects progress)

WHFB

• Tomb Kings
  • Empire (Ostland) and Kislev
  • Hobgoblin conversion project

WH40K

• Mordian Iron Guard
  • Space orks (2nd edition)

28mm Historical

• Republican Romans
  • Seleucids
  • Warlord Era (China)
6 Likes

Can’t wait to see those 2nd ed dudes!

2 Likes

Me too. :tongue: I have been slowly buying up Mordians from ebay over the past 2 years. They are not particularly sought-after but nobody over here seems to have more than a couple of them / wants to part from them. Funnily enough, the same is true for Praetorians – they rarely reach the prices seen over at your side of the channel. As for the orks, I only have the ones from the starter box plus a metal dreadnought. I would love to add some metal minis but so far my will was stronger (Knightmare miniatures :eyes:). Perhaps less so once I have ruined my BATG score.

3 Likes

I am always here to help if you need it…

But BATG is about painting! Our collections deserve the love! I will have some 90s stuff to show in springtime, if I can get through my current targets. Multiple types of stormtroopers, some vintage commissars, etc

2 Likes

Well… shit.

:heavy_plus_sign: New Models Purchased: 6

7 Likes

Hmm, to be fair Anzu, those are painted, right? Or do you plan to strip them and repaint?

I’ve finished three gretchin, just before the February deadline. They were basecoated last year – so I will not count them towards my score.

In other news, I’ve added 20 more Mordian recruits to the pile, so in total we’re at +26.

@chitzkoi Technically you are right but they are pretty desolate as they are – that paintjob does not do the proud men of Praetoria justice, so I count them as unpainted.

7 Likes

Those Gretchin look ace! lovely shading/highlighting, weathering and freehand pattern painting.

However, how about drilling out the barrels on every model with a gun in your collection? Just a thought. :slight_smile:

Keep it up!

Cheers

1 Like

@Admiral Thanks :slight_smile: I rather enjoy painting these old plastic models – I think they hold up quite well for their age. I actually did drill the barrels in the front but was too lazy to drill out the muzzle brakes. I may touch them up at a later point.

2 Likes

I bought some Warlord era Chinese from Copplestone Castings’ Back of Beyond range (+ 23). Not looking too good for my BATG score… I spend virtually all my hobby time right now with sculpting.

2 Likes

3 Likes