[Archive] [05-21-2008] Xander's and Vexxus's Chaos Dwarf Army!

Xander:

Pics coming. But a certain Faerie army has me splitting up my time. :stuck_out_tongue:

minty:

bah, excuses, a real chaos dwarf would have been able to get it all done AND enslave a horde of golblins AND drink himself unconcious all t once:P

so In other words I canā€™t wait

Ishkur Cinderhat:

How can a true Dawi Zharr get distracted by faeries! :wink:

Kera foehunter:

well your a good man xander !!! so are you done yet

GRNDL:

@Xander

Isnā€™t the Faerie army Sojournā€™s? Get her to paint her own army! SHeesh! Wear some pants man! :slight_smile:

Vexxus:

Settle down guys, believe me when I tell you that things are really in motion these days, lots of units are coming together, and the painting is just itching to be done!

Donā€™t get me wrong, I more than anyone prods Xander along, but with us both on the task these days things are getting doneā€¦ for evidense of this check out this completely unauthorized sneak peak!

Vex

Willmark:

Settle down guys, believe me when I tell you that things are really in motion these days, lots of units are coming together, and the painting is just itching to be done!

Don't get me wrong, I more than anyone prods Xander along, but with us both on the task these days things are getting done... for evidense of this check out this completely unauthorized sneak peak!

Vex

Vexxus
Heh, this is why this site kicks major but, so much activity, excitement, others sites... you see tumble weeds rolling by...

Kera foehunter:

haha im not a guy. we need more stuff geat leader!!!

Xander:

An update at last!

Since Vexxus was brought on board the project, things have been picking up! Here is what the painted portion of the army looks like so far! We are still having some small issues getting the lighting perfect (as our basement is devoid of light to start with), but the pictures are not that bad!

Slight overhead shot of the completed unit of 20 Hobgoblins!

Different angle, different lighting!

Again, angle and lighting have changed.

The colour scheme of the second unit. These bad boys are resin cast miniatures. :slight_smile: They also stand in front of a piece I created for the Nemesis Crown campaign that symbolizes the alliance we made with the Orcs and Goblins. It was for a [[HoH]] competition, but I didnā€™t finish on time. This was painted by Vexxus.

A close up of a painted Bolt Thrower. I bought 4 of these before I even wanted to play Chaos Dwarfs. I got them at a GW Sale, where all blisters on the wall were $4 (I also grabbed some Empire Cannons and Mortars). So these were originally constructed and painted to be crewed by Night Goblins, for our Orc and Goblin army. They have been re-adapted for Hobgoblins!

A shot of the painted army, sans my new Standard Bearer (whose arm fell off!)

More pics!

Vexxus and I would love some comments. Vex painted all the Hobgob crewmen, we split of the hobbo unit, and Vex painted the new Hobbo scheme. The rest you have seen before. :slight_smile:

Also worthy of note is the fact that the hobgoblins are now on a magnetic base. A system that is extremely cheap: I use strip magnet on the undersides of the bases ($1 for a metreā€™s worth), then a small amount of sheet metal ($2 for 3-4 units worth), that is meant for roofing or something, cut with metal sheers ($17 for the tool).

Stay tuned for pictures of the casting process I used for the hobgooblins, and for demonstrations of using magnets. More videos to come too, about magnets and casting and such.

Cheers,
-Xander

Dino:

OOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I really like this stuff. Keep up the good work and post stuff more often.

Fridericus_Rex:

Love your army. I love the hobboboss. Yeah take that spear!

Snotling:

holy cow, these guys kick asses! your hobbos look pretty cool, when they are painted, fuckinā€™ old school, mate ^^.

Xander:

Thanks guys!!

The hobgoblins took a lot of work to convert each one, but now that I have a mold of them, itā€™s a lot faster! :smiley:

I canā€™t wait to see your Hobbo rebuttal, Snotling! :wink:

al-hashut:

Wow, looks great en masse Xander. Damn IP law, iā€™m sure the sale of those hobbo casts would have earned a pretty penny.

Any chance of a close up of the crewman impaling the Nordlander? Will this be a little theme or is it just a one off?

Ishkur Cinderhat:

Wow, this looks so cool. The cast gobbos seem to have come out really well. Iā€™d love to see some WIP pictures of these. :slight_smile: The whole army has a lot of firepower now - I mean who would ever want to face an Earthshaker and four bolt throwers! :o

Xander:

Wow, looks great en masse Xander. Damn IP law, i'm sure the sale of those hobbo casts would have earned a pretty penny.

Any chance of a close up of the crewman impaling the Nordlander? Will this be a little theme or is it just a one off?

al-hashut
Plenty of him in Golden Hat #5.

Wow, this looks so cool. The cast gobbos seem to have come out really well. I'd love to see some WIP pictures of these. :) The whole army has a lot of firepower now - I mean who would ever want to face an Earthshaker and four bolt throwers! :o

Ishkur Cinderhat
The second Earthshaker is on the way! ;)

Thanks guys!

al-hashut:

whoops, guess thatā€™s what i get for missing that one. Anything special planned for the next shaker?

Canix:

WOW they rock the hobgoblins are amazing cant wait to see the step by step guides :hat off

I see the lord on taurus is getting redone so he looks less precarious :P,top stuff i should learn how to size my pics and post some too:rolleyes:

i assume you arent showing us the orcs yet for a reason best kept secret:hat

Obsidian:

Very nice, I like the overal look of the army so far.

Iā€™d like to see some smoother transitions of some highlights but thatā€™s just me!:wink:

Vexxus:

whoops, guess that's what i get for missing that one. Anything special planned for the next shaker?

al-hashut
Yes, in case you missed it ;) Look HERE!

And for those asking about my crewman convert, you will find a lazy link to this Golden Hat V entry... HERE!
Very nice, I like the overal look of the army so far.

I'd like to see some smoother transitions of some highlights but that's just me!;)

Obsidian
These guys are already a lot of work to paint for 2 pts each, so I doubt they will see much more detail, but such tips are always appreciated :)