[Archive] [05-21-2008] Xander's and Vexxus's Chaos Dwarf Army!

Hashut’s Blessing:

Looking damned fine. Not enough CDs yet :wink: Any plans for the Lord on Taurus (glad you’re getting around to updating him :smiley: )?

AGPO:

holy cow, these guys kick asses! your hobbos look pretty cool, when they are painted, fuckin' old school, mate ^^.

Snotling
Holy cow (bull) Snotling's back! :beer Long time no see my friend, hope your dusting off theat army blog of yours!

As for Xander and Vexus - thats some lovely work guys, but as HB said you need more core to get playing. Hows the kolossus going?

Vexxus:

As for Xander and Vexus - thats some lovely work guys, but as HB said you need more core to get playing. Hows the kolossus going?

AGPO
Thanks AGPO! I do believe the blunderbuss unit is next on the rank and file list!

Willmark:

I see the Force is strong with you… but you are not a Jedi yet…

Huh? what? sorry something overcame me there for a second. Excellent work. I especially like the hobbos. Nice work all around.

One question just whose army is this? do you have joint custody?

Vexxus:

I see the Force is strong with you... but you are not a Jedi yet.....

Huh? what? sorry something overcame me there for a second. Excellent work. I especially like the hobbos. Nice work all around.

One question just whose army is this? do you have joint custody?

Willmark
Xander's love child, I got in on things late, but believe me, more will get done with me on board cracking the (steel?) whip.

Haha. Xander and I buy things together, share each others resources etc. But the bulk of the spending usually comes from him, I suppose to balance against me having the bulk of the talent ;) j/k

In summation:
Xander's Chaos Dwarfs, as converted and painted by both Xander and Vexxus!

Merchant:

An update at last!

Slight overhead shot of the completed unit of 20 Hobgoblins!

Different angle, different lighting!

Again, angle and lighting have changed.

A shot of the painted army, sans my new Standard Bearer (whose arm fell off!)
More pics!

Vexxus and I would love some comments. Vex painted all the Hobgob crewmen, we split of the hobbo unit, and Vex painted the new Hobbo scheme. The rest you have seen before. :)

Cheers,
-Xander

Xander
Xander my man :) and Vexxus you too - just love what I see :cheers
But I do have some questions:
- Your Taurus, how did you get it from the wood elf steg to a CD Taurus? :o
- All your ruin baces, those are very great - how did your make these?
- Your Hobgoblins banner, is it from BFSP or is it converted?
Now when talking about Hobbos, how can I make a bare-belly for my Hobbos?

Well thats all my man, keep it the great work :) I hope to see some more in a near future :) Love your work :hat off

Cheers mate :cheers

asheira:

that’s one beautiful army

but the core of your army should be improved

can’t wait to see your take on blunderbusses

Sojourn:

oooooh, good work boys :slight_smile:

Vex, I really like the inverted colour scheme on your hobgoblins (they are hobgoblins, right!?)

Xander:

Xander my man :) and Vexxus you too - just love what I see :cheers
But I do have some questions:
- Your Taurus, how did you get it from the wood elf steg to a CD Taurus? :o
- All your ruin baces, those are very great - how did your make these?
- Your Hobgoblins banner, is it from BFSP or is it converted?
Now when talking about Hobbos, how can I make a bare-belly for my Hobbos?

Well thats all my man, keep it the great work :) I hope to see some more in a near future :) Love your work :hat off

Cheers mate :cheers

Merchant
Taurus: https://discourse.chaos-dwarfs.com/t/5829
The Ruins are from a plaster scenery pack I bought years ago.
Hobbos: https://discourse.chaos-dwarfs.com/t/5535
-Just add some Green Stuff!
that's one beautiful army
but the core of your army should be improved

can't wait to see your take on blunderbusses

asheira
We do need more core. A unit of 25 more warriors is in production, and the BBs are coming along too.
oooooh, good work boys :)

Vex, I really like the inverted colour scheme on your hobgoblins (they are hobgoblins, right!?)

Sojourn
Thanks! :hat off

Grish:

So who keeps this army? Are you going to split it up?

Xander:

Vex is more of a modeler/painter, so I am going to leave a bunch of stuff, including the paint, with him. I will be taking the completed stuff for gaming, Grish.

Grish:

If he likes, I can leave him a good portion of my army to paint if he’s into that, Xandor, conqueror of worlds.

Vexxus:

If he likes, I can leave him a good portion of my army to paint if he's into that, Xandor, conqueror of worlds.

Grish
Erm... maybe if good portion = wicked cool converted character models???

Otherwise, I have more than enough on my plate as it is :)

If you are a very very very patient person, click here to see for yourself. Lots in the works, but nothing to present anytime soon ;)

Grish:

If he likes, I can leave him a good portion of my army to paint if he's into that, Xandor, conqueror of worlds.

Grish
Erm... maybe if good portion = wicked cool converted character models???

Otherwise, I have more than enough on my plate as it is :)

If you are a very very very patient person, click here to see for yourself. Lots in the works, but nothing to present anytime soon ;)

Vexxus
No, just regular stuff. I don't even put all my own stuff together, maybe 1/4 - 1/3. No, I'm not a patient person. Haven't really painted a thing yet; I do trades with people. I know what I'm good at, and painting isn't it.

Vexxus:

No, just regular stuff. I don't even put all my own stuff together, maybe 1/4 - 1/3. No, I'm not a patient person. Haven't really painted a thing yet; I do trades with people. I know what I'm good at, and painting isn't it.

Grish
Perhaps either a 'wash' or 'dipped' army would be an ideal possibility for you!? It is certainly faster, and you can get some great looks with less traditional skills :)

I believe THIS is an example of a dipped army from this site.

Other resources on dipping:
Talk about Dipping
Tutorial of Sorts

Grish:

Yeah, that’s what dave was saying. He’ll show me when he gets here. I have no skills for painting as yet, have not dedicated any time to it.

THanks for the links, will email them to myself.

Vexxus:

Yeah, that's what dave was saying. He'll show me when he gets here. I have no skills for painting as yet, have not dedicated any time to it.

THanks for the links, will email them to myself.

Grish
*Cough Cough* ...Xander ;)

Kera foehunter:

Great job guys love the hobos i also like how you invading the bugman brewery with the hobbos!!!

You guys are so cool !!!

zorn sabretooth:

by hashut’s horns my models are not worthy to breathe the same air

Hashut’s Blessing:

So, Mr. Xander, how are the painted ones doing? Vexxus, how be the unpainted ones coming along?