[Archive] [07-21-2009] no Pirates! involved..just Dawi Zharr (WIP Taurus...wash me!)

Hazkar:

i like your bolt throwers and the bull centaur looks good.the red works better then the blue,good decision to change it.

Arashi:

Yes, it’s way better.

And nice boltthrowers!

Kera foehunter:

that one great!!! thank you very much melcher

melcher:

And the results of the yesterday evenings painting: 6 points…uh :o

No, i mean, this fellows, except the standard-bearer who is sadly missing due to criminal nakedness (namely: not being primed! :~) and the already primed musician:

Kera foehunter:

look great!! So melcher are all the bases going to look like the one right

melcher:

are all the bases going to look like the one right

Kera foehunter
Indeed, except of the skeleton hand, of course. A friend asked me yesterday, wheter the skeleton was holding a grenade :o

Maybe i´ll put something on the huge base, like a sign or what´s going to lurke in my bitzbox.

Kera foehunter:

are you going to carve any runes in the slab of stone in the one guys bace??
The one that the bull is stepping on!

melcher:

are you going to carve any runes in the slab of stone in the one guys bace??

Kera foehunter
I don´t have special plas about that: Any suggestions?

Today i managed to finish the unit. Only the banner needs a little more details, but im´not sure about what to paint on it. So for the moment the banner will stay WIP :hat off

After thsi unit i´ll lay ma hands on some more core troopers: namely chaos-dwarf warriors. In order to finish the needed core regiment. Afterwards i´ll start with two heros...i think :~

Swissdictator:

Very nice work melcher. I’m really liking the look you’ve given to the armor. It gives a nice worn/battered look to it. What work did you need to do on the Black Orc plastics to make them work?

I am curious as to why you have one on a 50x50 base… is he counting as two?

melcher:

Thanks swiss.

What work did you need to do on the Black Orc plastics to make them work?

swissdictator
I used a pincers (?) to cut away the lower part of the blorcs, leaving the main torso and upper part intact. You have to get rid of the area where the blorcs use to have their legs attached. Quite simple, but can be very dangerous :wink: (don´t use tool for 1 euro!!).
why you have one on a 50x50 base… is he counting as two?

swissdictator
Yes, he is counting as two bulls. Mainly because the command models wouldn´t fit into the unit otherwise. The blorcs are very huge and need to be assembled very well, even when they are in their normal form and unit.

wallacer:

They look fantastic. If they’re not worth some slaves I don’t know what is…

melcher:

Thanks for the slaves, wallacer :hat off

tjub:

Can we get som close ups on the heroes and other units? :slight_smile:

Kera foehunter:

great army !!!Hey is that a dwarf bear rider in you cd army???Melcher

melcher:

Can we get som close ups on the heroes and other units? :)

tjub
Okidoki :hat off

I numbered the unit due to the bad pic, so you can at least guess, what is waiting for some paint :rolleyes:

I.    -> 10 Hobgoblinwolf Riders
II.   -> 20 Chaos Dwarf Warriors
III.  -> Eartshaker :mad
IV.  -> Heros (three mages, one converted bull-hero, one dwarf on bear (yes @Kera, it IS a dwarf on a bear :) ) who counts as bull-hero until i finish my conversion out of archaos horse...)
V.   -> 12 Black-Orcs/Big´Uns
VI.  -> 10 Orc Arrer Boys (really!!! - although they have NEVER killed anything...)
VII. -> 10 Blunderbusses
VIII.-> Taurus (based on Balrog and head of a BoC-chariot-boar)
IX.  -> 10 Hobgoblin Arrer Boys (are painted, need new bases)

Thats it :hat off

Kera foehunter:

so where are they?? some buddy put red number in the way melcher!!lol

Ghrask Dragh:

This a very impressive army already and it’s not even painted :smiley:

Is the giant going to be the bull hero? would like to see what you’ve done there in detail… please!

melcher:

Is the giant going to be the bull hero? would like to see what you've done there in detail... please!

Ghrask Dragh
Did you mean the Balrog? He will be playing my taurus, if i´ll ever want to field one again ;)

I´m making progress to finish the paintjob for the first 1000 points of chaos dwarfs. This unit will be the next finished one, only six models have to be done (hope to finish them duringt the weekend):

Xander:

Awesome work, dude!  Keep it up! :slight_smile:

I am still loving those bolt throwers. Awesome job.

How many points do you have painted so far? :slight_smile:

melcher:

How many points do you have painted so far? :)

Xander
Puh...due to the low point costs of the nasty hobgoblins...around 750 points? But the next models will be characters, so i hope to break the 1.000 point border in 10 days? :hat off