[Archive] [8-16-2018] Willmark's Chaos Stunty Army Project-WARNING PIC HEAVY!

Willmark:

Yeah no definate plans regarding them though I got a bunch done last night:

- the hobbo wolf riders are primed.

- the count as army standard is nearly done in the construction phase; might finish the anvil guard tonight.

- reinforcements have arrived in the form of 14 Orc arrer boyz who are now assembled. As well as 10 more big uns with two hand weapons.

- first test gobbos have been assembled

Realistically the wolf boys and count as will most likely be done next… Then there is GHVI and AC 2…

Willmark:

MINOR UPDATE

I’m in a very heavy construction phase right now with numerous units under nearing competition. This is very similar to Oct 2007 when I had an explosion of units coming off the painting desk.

Right now the following are all either being painted or being constructed:

- 10 more Big Un’s - being painted, bringing the unit up to 30

- Count As army standard- being painted

- 10 wolf riders - being painted

- 14 orc arrer boyz-now primed

- 16 chaos dwarf warriors with great axes- being painted

- death rocket- under construction

So as you can see there is going to be a ton of stuff coming soon.

Here is the Count as standard, bearer and guards before being primed:

Dino:

This looks really nice man. I can’t wait to see it/them all finished. Good luck.

Hashut’s Blessing:

I like the final look. With the plinth, have you joined the rim of the sorcerer’s base to the block? Show us PIP, please!

Kera foehunter:

Look’s great willmark!!!the gaurds are so cool like there helmets

AGPO:

your speed puts me to shame, though in fairness I have exams atm

Thane Godri GoblinSlayer:

Your converting powers are awesome.

I’ve only did a couple simple conversions in my lifetime.

Willmark:

10,000 views since September!

HB- PIP? I’m not sure what you are asking???

Thanks guys. I’m think the Count as Army standard may be done next. I painted the sorcerer last night and he is nearly done now…

Thanks Thane Godri GoblinSlayer- Its all relative i look at others work and go “Wow I suck at converting” :wink:

Fridericus_Rex:

Love this guy on his throne! When will you paint it?

Willmark:

Love this guy on his throne! When will you paint it?

Fridericus_Rex
Heh, you wont have to wait long. All but the base is pretty much done. I might have pics up tonight... stay tuned.

Fridericus_Rex:

Heh, you wont have to wait long. All but the base is pretty much done. I might have pics up tonight... stay tuned.

Willmark
Ay Sir!

Kera foehunter:

Staying tune in for this.

Willmark:

UPDATE

Your patience has been rewarded… Here is my nearly complete Count As Army Standard! I just have to finish up the bases…

To recap this idea was spawned here:

https://discourse.chaos-dwarfs.com/t/7304

Then I spotted some incredible concept art by Ishkur:

https://discourse.chaos-dwarfs.com/t/5733

That led to me doing some quick concept “art” to work out the idea:

Which led to the completed figure…

Vexxus:

Looks great, thanks for walking us through the first idea, concept, and execution.

Excellent work buddy!

The paint job on the stone worked out really well, and pulls off the statue look.

Those poor CD’s having to lug around that much stone… all for the sake of army morale :wink:

Narflung:

Finally finished!! It looks great, just wondering if you have thought about giving it a tiny sign of life, such as the eyes being painted or whatever, just to hint at some remaining sentience.

Looks totally awesome, and I wouldn;t be suprised if something similar ends up on my table at some stage

Fridericus_Rex:

Love it. Great paintjob. How you have painted the stone man? Trybrushing Codex Grey -> Fortress Grey?

I also love the thorne-bearers.

Thank you for listing the whole part from idea, concept, and execution

Dino:

These guys are looking great so far. Can’t wait to see them finished.

al-hashut:

Very cool looking, i say leave as is. If you’ve turned into that much stone i don’t think there’s going to be anybody home so to speak.

I always think that if i was a sorceror i’d stop using magic before i’d gotten to that stage. The again, if your dead from the waste down i suppose there’s not much to live for :wink:

Canix:

Looking good ,is that a faint trace of fleshtone on his face showing he isnt completely stoned yet even worshipping Hashut;)?

The bearers look good i like how you managed to fit them all on that tidgy base too:hat

Willmark:

Thanks guys. Canix is correct, though difficult to detect with the flash there is indeed a faint bit of flesh on the nose and cheeks and a bit on the right hand that has not yet fully succumbed…

After I shot these guys I got quite a bit more done to the accompanying unit of warriors. Only fitting I started those guys in late September! :wink: