[Archive] [8-16-2018] Willmark's Chaos Stunty Army Project-WARNING PIC HEAVY!

Willmark:

This just looks really nice even though it isn't finished. I wasn't really sure how the rockets comming out would look but I must say they look really great. Hope to see it finished soon.

Dino
The tricky part is going to be adding on the exhaust, I have played around with it a bit and it still hasn't looked quite right yet.

Willmark:

As one can imagine this is in a bit of a lull with GHVIII my jugger as well as getting DoW off the ground as well, hopefully I’ll get some more updates soon guys.

Willmark:

UPDATE

Yes, yes,  know scrape yourself of the floor in disbelief! this is not a joke, I actually got something finished a few days back and just had time to post it.

I’m pleased with how this came out, so here is my Death rocket!

I’m also working on these guys, my first unit of hobgoblin warriors, after these guys I have 2 more units of ten each.

I now also have my gits primed except the leader which I just swapped in.

Kera foehunter:

wow nice death rockets nicely painted!!

wow looks like you got some deals on the hobgoblins

Swissdictator:

Willmark: Nice MLRS system! That’ll intimidate a few foes.  

Was your inspiration drawn from real life MLRS, or the old Soviet Katusha trucks?

Zanko:

I have seen your army-blog now for the first time …

really awesome/brilliant !!! :hat off

Here in Germany we would say “Neid & Missgunst” - this means verbatim: envy and grudge - matters I want them too!!! :cheers

Especially I love mostly your death rocket, then the Throne with the general and then the warstatue! :):):slight_smile:

From which company comes the death rocket from? GW?

Briefly: brilliant conversions and paintjob!!! :hat off :hat off :hat off

:hashut

Willmark:

Willmark: Nice MLRS system! That'll intimidate a few foes.

Was your inspiration drawn from real life MLRS, or the old Soviet Katusha trucks?

swissdictator
https://discourse.chaos-dwarfs.com/t/6437

:) sums up there nicely.

Zanko- It is a GW dwarf organ gun, I simply took two and glued one on top of the other. The rockets are nothing more then small BBQ skewers (wooden) glued with wire out of the barrels. The barrel tips are from the 40k chaos predator.

Dino:

Nice to see the death rocket finished. Hobgoblins looking good so far as well.

Ghrask Dragh:

Nice work on the smoke from the rockets, is that GS?

Hobbo’s are always impressive, it’s hard to get enough of them for a full unit :slight_smile: sweet update!

(The Hobbo skull banner top is the coolest thing ever, it’s strange when I got mine thats all I could look at :D)

Ubertechie:

Thoose Death-Rockets are fantastic - they deserve to never misfire and always kill everything you point them at - especially like they way they are all going off in different directions

Willmark:

Nice work on the smoke from the rockets, is that GS?

Ghrask Dragh
Nope. Cotton glued on and left to dry, once dry I painted it black then dry brushed dark gray the a little amount of light gray.

the unheard one:

Willmark said

"Look what came in the mail,a dn look what I did to him, needless to say I terminated the hat with “extreme prejudice” (kudos for those who can figure out the movie reference on that one)… Wink"

that is from the movie DOOM

and wow that is a very sweat army you have there

Willmark:

Thanks!

However, you’re right it is from a movie just a movie a bit older then the one you mentioned… Apocolypse Now :slight_smile:

two_heads_talking:

UPDATE

Yes, yes,  know scrape yourself of the floor in disbelief! this is not a joke, I actually got something finished a few days back and just had time to post it.

I'm pleased with how this came out, so here is my Death rocket!

Willmark
OMG, scud missiles fired by corrupted dwarfs. Everyone run, take cover and hide.

Are those wire-guided or heat seaking?

the unheard one:

Thanks!

However,  you're right it is from a movie just a movie a bit older then the one you mentioned... Apocolypse Now :)

Willmark
oh ok. It is used in DOOM (2005) aswell.

Willmark:

Heh, I

Thinking that’s where they (doom) got it from; Apocalypse Now came out in 1979 AFAICR.

two_heads_talking:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apocalypse_Now

as far as I can tell, it was released in 1979… I remember watching it just as I was in the youth of my teenage years… Being born in '67, that means I was about 13 when I watched it. I had to wait for it to come out on HBO because we didn’t quite have VCR rental stores all over the place back then and VCR/Beta formats were in their infancy.

I t hink VCR hit it’s legs right around 1976, but the cost was still rather high, I think a unit would sell for 500 or more dollars. And of course, Beta was cheaper but it dropped out of sight really early in the running. and the fact that it only allowed for 1 hour recording.

Willmark:

Yes I know another shock right? I actually have something to update.

Around page 9 is my Lammasu, which I still needed to add my banners to. So, I was in the mood  to paint… a hour later there we go: paint the same thing four times and done, yikes!

Next up. I was teasing this a while back but since my blog has considerably slowed I figured I show the WIP of my Taurus that I bought from Canix in the Fall of 2007… :o The rider came along too but I hacked him up and added soem parts I got off the old online store around that time it shut down. I got teh wings from there too.

I bought the model and then it sat there until last fall when I stripped it of its old paint and added the wings. Then sidetracked by WoH mainly.

It is still rough but the large areas of color are now down. The main thing I still need to find is a banner pole, which if I cant secure one I have some ideas for.

Here it is after constructing it in the Fall of 2008:

Here it is now after I started to paint it, albeit slowly.

Last, but not least, is Astragoth which is nearly done mainly its just the helmet to finish and the back banners. Once he is complete it will be enough to push me over the 4,000 point plateau so its on to gold army medal!

My ultimate goal is to make sure I paint a little bit each week so hopefully I can get some more accomplished.  I also want to clear my desk to so I can work on fun stuff like my scratch built Juggernaut.

Khan!:

An exciting update! Your lord conversion is really good, I dig the two axes. :cheers

Kera foehunter:

so what are you colors that your using willmark they look great