[Archive] Big Hat Ogres

I started to work on my Ogres again, and I wanted to show you guys my army so far!

Bruiser/Tyrant:

Butcher:

Bull unit 1:

Bull unit 2:

Leadbelchers:

Giant:

And some WIPs:

Ironguts:

Hobgnoblars:

Butcher:

And a size comparison between a Bull, an Irongut and the Tyrant:

1 Like

Grongi Blackbeard:

this army is full of awsomenes (really very super good:D), but i feel  like i’ve seen it all before, is there anything new except for the hobgnoblars?

Hashut’s Blessing:

I remember seeing most of it, but it still looks as awesome. Out of curiosity, what are you using the Sigmar model as?

Kyte:

Hey what about your steam powered astragoth butcher?

Thanks

- Kyte

bas_2312:

is there anything new except for the hobgnoblars?

Grongi Blackbeard
No new models, but I've finished painting Bull unit 2, the Giant and the Irongut. Now that I've finished all ogres I sculpted/converted, it's time to finish sculpting the Irongut unit..
Out of curiosity, what are you using the Sigmar model as?

Hashut's Blessing
It's supposed to be a statue. All my bases are Empire themed.. to look like the ogres are walking through an abandoned empire village.
Hey what about your steam powered astragoth butcher?

Thanks

- Kyte

Kyte
Oh yeah.. I forgot about my Butchers.. I'll add them in the first post!
1 Like

ashur:

Wooooooooooow!

Assyrian ogres.

some slaves

1 Like

furrie:

the ogers look very cool

Pyro Stick:

I remember loving this army over on HoH and im glad you continued work on them. They are awesome.

1 Like

aki:

Mad! Really nice, would not have expected this:)

Willmark:

Although not my style… these are very well done. Excellent job. Keep it up.

1 Like

Kera foehunter:

im stealing the giant he is soooooo cute

Sharp:

Dude, this army is fantastic.

GRNDL:

This is what conversion is all about to me! Bringing character and new themes to existing models. A really nice army, like nothing I’ve seen before in Ogres. Great work!

Question: what colours did you use for the bloodstain on the giant’s hammer? Tamiya Clear Red & Citadel Red Gore?

bas_2312:

Thanks for all the kind words!

Question: what colours did you use for the bloodstain on the giant’s hammer?   Tamiya Clear Red & Citadel Red Gore?

GRNDL
Tamiya Clear Red… some Red Gore… some Chaos Black… a little purple… and some sand and flock to add texture ^^

1 Like

Willmark:

Only minor criticism I have is that on the full sculpt ones the scale of the head seems a bit small… perhaps a tad larger for the next ones. But have a couple of slaves for awesome work!

1 Like

Group picture:

Irongut Champ:

1 Like

Khan!:

Ah, more progress - excellent! Your Irongut champion seems to be quite a bit fatter than the other two. Is that intentional or just the camera angle of the photo?

Meanwhile, I just noticed the one bull (unit 1, far left) who appears to be smiling jovially (like an assyrian ogre santa claus!) and I just think that’s really awesome. :cheers

GRNDL:

re: Irongut champ = fatter?

Well that matches the fluff I think - better, badder ogre = bigger ogre = more gut.

The Maw has been fed well, so to speak. :slight_smile:

bas_2312:

re: Irongut champ = fatter?

Well that matches the fluff I think - better, badder ogre = bigger ogre = more gut.

The Maw has been fed well, so to speak. :)

GRNDL
Yup ^^

My tyrant is the biggest ogre in my army, the Ironguts are halfway between the Bulls and the Tyrant in size, and the Irongut champ is just a little bigger than the other Ironguts.
1 Like

Kera foehunter:

wow he is a mountain of green stuff. great job Bas-2312