[Archive] CDO Webzine Word of Hashut Issue #3

Willmark:

Project Name: The Word of Hashut- Issue #3 (Winter 2009)
Project Leader: Willmark
Project Goal:To complete issue #3 of the Webzine
Submission/Publish Dates Submissions: Saturday, November 29th / Publish: Saturday, December 27th

Editor: Sojourn
Content Editor: Cornixt
Submissions Coordinator: Servius

Confirmed Artwork requests: YTBD
Confirmed Writers/Writing requests: YTBD

Here is the place that communications will take place for the community as a whole regarding the production of issue #3 of the Word of Hashut.

Willmark:

First article is under way as is some other aspects. Now accepting all submissions so get working on them.

Willmark:

Issue #2 is out and now put to bed, thus its time to think about Issue #3.

I’m on the lookout for a Submissions Coordinator for the Word of Hashut staff. Job duties and requirements as follows:

- Focused
- Dedicated
- Able to keeps content confidential prior to publication (in most cases for several months)
- Strong organization skills.
- Follow through with assignments a must.
- Strong reading skills
- Ability to work with Word files and understand the tacking functionality within it.

Basically this position will handle a number of tasks that the editor in chief (that’s me) might delegate which could be for the current issue under production of those in the planning stages.

If you think you’ve got what it takes please PM me and we will discuss.

minty:

@wilmark: can anyone submit articles, or do they already need to have been submiting stuff, just i have a batrep with my proxy dwarfs…

snowblizz:

One question. Or, well, rather a suggestion. How presumptions of me, right?

I’m not quite sure how to explain it as I’m not sure of the correct terms. But is essence the problem (IMHO) is that there’s 2 pages to every view. Makes it incredibly hard for me to read it.

At 100% zoom I not only have to scroll down, but also to the side. It’s a constant drag screen left, drag screen right which really brakes the flow of reading.

Am I making any sense at all?

Willmark:

Minty- No anyone can submit an article, at the current time: send it to my attention

Snowblizz- We made it two pages because people prefer it that way. However under view in Acrobat your can set it to “Single Page”.

snowblizz:

Snowblizz- We made it two pages because people prefer it that way. However under view in Acrobat your can set it to "Single Page".

Willmark
That's what makes it so weird. It won't do that. So far as my Adobe Reader 8 seems to be concerned each page in WOH is 17 x 11 inches. Except the cover which is "normal sized".

Pyro Stick:

Snowblizz- We made it two pages because people prefer it that way. However under view in Acrobat your can set it to "Single Page".

Willmark
That's what makes it so weird. It won't do that. So far as my Adobe Reader 8 seems to be concerned each page in WOH is 17 x 11 inches. Except the cover which is "normal sized".

snowblizz
Well download Adobe Reader 9 then.

snowblizz:

Willmark

snowblizz

Pyro Stick
Ooooh! There's a new version..?

Nope, doesn't change a thing unfortunately.

two_heads_talking:

Willmark

snowblizz

Pyro Stick
the problem isn't the version of Adobe.. it's how it's been integrated.. Perhaps someone should look into that..

cornixt:

I see why. The front is regular “letter” size, the standard US paper size of 8.5 x 11 inches. The other pages are two pages side-by-side (which adds up to 17 x 11).

Is there any problem with this? The writing is big enough to read a whole double-page on my screen. Is it too small for you?

Thommy H:

When I last opened it, it appeared as single pages. No idea why, but it suggests that it is possible to make it look that way…

Willmark:

Even as far back as Adobe Acrobat 5 you can set it to view either single or facing pages… (shrug)

Also I’d ask that this gets directed to to the thread on the front page of the site. This thread is for the ongoing work for Issue #3.

Willmark:

Sorry for the double up there HB! :wink:

Right now there are three candidates for the open spot on the WoH staff. I’ll be letting everyone know the decision one way or the other via PM.

Obsidian:

For future issues I’d like to do some tutorials and maybe some sort of scenario pack for linked battles. However at the current time I’m too busy with work and preparing for my marriage.

Give me a knock on the head every now and then Mark, otherwise I will surely forget! :shy:

Willmark:

OK we are now on board with 2 new staff member:

Viskar Zhragoth who has joined to help with the graphic design side with Xander and I and Servius.

Servius is my right hand man from here on out: In terms of all traffic going into the Word of Hashut he is the man. As Submissions Coordinator he is the person you contact for sending in any and all submissions whether it is art or an article. He has many internal jobs but the most conspicuous is the traffic cop. He and I will work on getting everything together and making it flow in terms of an issue, after all Issue #2 set the bar very high, we have to at least measure up to it.

So from here on out direct all submissions to him and we will take it from there.

Also as a follow up we are now accepting submissions, so get your articles together and get them in, artwork, letters to the hobgoblins for the slave pens, etc…

Slavelord:

Soz, I’ve sent a submission to you Willmark. Should have read this thread 1st!

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Would love to advertise my store with you guys.

Home

Let me know if it’s OK.

Trevor Ursulescu

Monster Hobbies

Willmark:

Short version of thoughts goal, ad etc, and send to Servius.

Thommy H:

Oh, that reminds me - the advertisement I mentioned, Mark: what sort of size would a banner have to be, ideally? My friend will put something together and I’ll send it you guys.