[Archive] Clam's Garage (WIP Chaos Dwarf Grenadier)

Grimstonefire:

I am of course really sad that this didn’t go into Golden Hat :wink: (it would have done really well!)

Time to test my knowledge… I think that is either a reaper or heresy miniatures model?

Personally I would have painted the daemon red.

It’s a great concept though, I always love to see conversions with a story element behind them.

Thommy H:

It’s a Heresy figure.

Border Reiver:

That might have caused me to rethink one of my votes had it been entered…

Kera foehunter:

GH X update  - or what should have been an entry

Some might have seen my complaining about the deadline for this event from the start. And some might also have seen me posting about not being able to finish in time. All dued to bad timing, some might say: But fact is that I can only spendt a few hours a week at my hobby desk, so I new - from the start - that this project would be a close call - and so, I didn't make it. For that, I am sorry - would have loved to enter such a fine company.

So after a few requests, I've decided to show you my 'surposed to be GH X'-entry

My Count as 'Lord (on) Taurus' - in the form of a Chaotic Daemon Prince with his puppet Dwarf toy.

Clam's flying Circus:

Painting WIPs

Conversion/Sculpting WIPs

clam
ahhhh he so cute !! i love the idea great job

Willmark:

Dude this would have been in my top three.

GRNDL:

That’s a pretty cool idea. Is it an homage to Iron Maiden’s “Number of the Beast” cover?

nitroglysarine:

That's a pretty cool idea. Is it an homage to Iron Maiden's "Number of the Beast" cover?

GRNDL
If not, its a lucky sculpt!

Zanko:

Awesome creation and brilliant painting! :hat off

I like the green - much cooler than the “boring” red! :wink:

IMO with this guys you could have reached the Top Three of the GH X entries! :cheers

:hashut

Obsidian:

Nice combo of the Heresy demon and the Undead Ninja Dwarf!:hat off

warh:

puppet, it reminds me of something;)

clam:

- do I fell like **** now - for not finishing this in time?

So, I might not have finished this one, but the concept appealed to you, so who knows, maybe next time.

- and I’ll promise to finish this asap - but can’t spend much time on them the next 10-12 days - but after that, the Circus will be flying again.

And then of course, thanks for all those nice words and ‘votes’  - very motivating indeed :smiley:

But the Chaos Dwarf is… the puppet! Nooooo, this is blasphemy!
Hashut will punish you forever :hashut

Jokes apart, it’s a very nice idea and very well executed. Great painting so far…

Bassman
Ahh! Blasphemy - oh no, no. You see, he is bringing the dwarf to his final battle (with a little help) :smiley:

And then please see my army as pre-Hashut Chaos Dwarfs. From a time where chaos dwarf were servants of the Chaos Gods. In a time were Hashut were just a un-born chaos daemon prince. A time where the Chaos Dwarfs were the tools of chaos.
I am of course really sad that this didn’t go into Golden Hat :wink: (it would have done really well!)

Time to test my knowledge…  I think that is either a reaper or heresy miniatures model?

Personally I would have painted the daemon red.

It’s a great concept though, I always love to see conversions with a story element behind them.

Grimstonefire
You could ‘just’ have extended the deadline, then ;)  - as I did ask

And then, you’ll have to look real hard to find anything red in my army. Red, is for blood, Bloodthisters and Bloodletters only.

And as Tommy said - a Heresy Miniature Daemon: Azaroth the fallen one
That’s a pretty cool idea. Is it an homage to Iron Maiden’s “Number of the Beast” cover?

GRNDL
Actually ‘no’, but as the album cover was on my bedroom wall for something like 10 years - it must - subconscious - have influenced me :smiley:

Main inspiration for this is actually a conversion I say back early this year. It was a OOP Chaos Sorcerer holding a puppet - made from the Jack O’Latern chaos familiar. Think it was shown on The Warhammer Forum. And if anyone knows - what the f*** I’m talking about here - and know this piece of art - please, please post me a link, will you?
Awesome creation and brilliant painting! :hat off

I like the green - much cooler than the “boring” red! :wink:

IMO with this guys you could have reached the Top Three of the GH X entries! :cheers

:hashut

Zanko
True, true - and thanks Chris.
puppet, it reminds me of something;)

warh
I have no idea what you are talking about :stuck_out_tongue:

Canix:

Excellent idea ,i really love it .Shame you didn’t get it finished ,wish i could have entered but too many distractions.:hat

Loki:

Excellent work, like many other people this would have been in my 3 choices for golden hat 10, really great concept and conversion work, i am looking forward to seeing it finished so we can see it in all its glory :slight_smile:

kefas:

nice model man! conversion as well!

clam:

Once again, thx!

I’m very busy these days - the old man is turning 75 on saturday - so, lots to do. But after that - I’m back at the painting desk to finish this.

GRNDL
Actually ‘no’, but as the album cover was on my bedroom wall for something like 10 years - it must - subconscious - have influenced me :smiley:

Main inspiration for this is actually a conversion I say back early this year. It was a OOP Chaos Sorcerer holding a puppet - made from the Jack O’Latern chaos familiar. Think it was shown on The Warhammer Forum. And if anyone knows - what the f*** I’m talking about here - and know this piece of art - please, please post me a link, will you?

clam
Finally found the picture - and the sorcerer was actually the Dark Emissary (who could I have forgetten that?? Am I getting old or what?) - converted and painted by paulm64 at The Warhammer Forum. So I’ll like to share ‘him’ with you:

And if you haven’t seen it before - you really should take a look at Paul’s Nurgle-blog here. He did an awesome Hellcannon as well (look at page 2). And if you feel for more - take a loke at his Emipre: http://warhammer.org.uk/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=44610

Kera foehunter:

Well i hope you give your dad a nice present !!75 that great !!

p.s. i like the puppet

Balseraph:

You are a real Puppet Master :slight_smile:

Awesome job :slight_smile: :hat off

Hrothgar Goldgreed:

Oh my … that is one of the nicest pieces I’ve ever seen. Awesome. :hat off

Borador:

Damn, I really like your classic style units :smiley:

Luckily I will probably get my own petard unit soon, thus starting my own collection.

Really like what you where planning to enter for GH, to bad it didn’t make it.

I think I am speaking for every one on the forum when I say that we demand an update? :slight_smile:

Keep it up! :cheers

Willmark:

And if you haven't seen it before - you really should take a look at Paul's Nurgle-blog here. He did an awesome Hellcannon as well (look at page 2). And if you feel for more - take a loke at his Emipre: http://warhammer.org.uk/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=44610

clam
Damn Cool, simple conversion bu executed very nicely. The martinet looks perfect for the figure too.