[Archive] Clam's Garage (WIP Chaos Dwarf Grenadier)

tjub:

Good to see that you find some time to paint Clam, and I like your work on Zargod too. Intresting and original theme with purple and Im looking forward to see a big hat army later on the some far distant dark future around 2020… :stuck_out_tongue:

The informer looks great as well!

Skink:

Nice paintjob on Zargod. I like the pose as well. But your bull centaur is what really impressed me!!! Fantastic!!!

Canix:

Great stuff with the purple Zargod being my favourite.Those marauders keep wandering off the painting table :)i think i may need chains and whips to get them finished :hat off

clam:

Thx, guys.

And yes, those marauders is really hard to control, are they not ;).

My main reason for not painting them is, that I can’t decide how to do the beards. If I paint them with natual colours the look sooooooooooo dull. Only colours that I’ve found suitable was whites and reds - but I really dont want them to look like slayers and/or longbeards - so I have to come up with another idea that suits the green/brown base colour scheme.

@Tjub

2020?? - lol, yeah I think you are right about that estimate.

clam:

Not much help I’ve received for the 3th Informer :frowning:

Maybe I should have been more specific then just ‘Barbarian’, so I did a drawing (yes, I know it’s bad - but you’ll get the picture) of what I have in mind. Now tell me where I find such a model - or a model I can base this one:

And the size? Not bigger then a Marauder Warrior - something like 29-31mm

Ogrob:

Here is a reaper mini that might fit your specs. He’s a pretty big fella, probably in the 30-32 mm range.

Edit: Got mine out and measured it. He’s 33 mm to the eyes, 35 to the top of the hood. Big fella indeed.

clam:

Let’s see what you have found :wink:

He has the Executioner look alright - and he is a great, great model (I love Bobby’s sculpts) - not excatly what I’m looking for, but close - question is, is it close enough?

My main concern is, that he might be too big. With 35mm he is almost as tall as the Bull Centaur (being about 39mm) - after all the ‘heroes’ here are the dwarfs :slight_smile:

Second, repose the arms and do the ‘naked’ torso could be done - but will be a very hard convertion to pull off.

So thanks so much for posting this, Ogrob - as it’s most certainly think this one over - but keep them comming, please

So any other suggestions? :smiley:

Hazkar:

maybe this guy from confrontation?

change the weapon and make a hood and you get what you want

Skink:

Ehm… cough, it’s not what you are searching for but maybe a female barbarian? Check out dragonblood minis:

请稍等,正在进入...

The outlaw queen with a weapon swap and a few touches added to her face can be what you are searching for??? Consider also that her torso can be perfect for freehand: Chaos runes, scars, bruises (Chaos Dwarf Gaoler behind!?!?:mad)

Ogrob:

Looking at your drawing again, I’d probably go for a plastic marauder, it’ll be by far the easiest to convert.

clam:

Thx, guys!

Plastic Marauders are a no go, I think. Almoste every part will have to be rebuild - arms, legs and probably torso as well. Then I could just try a sculpt the hole figure myself (If I new how to :~).

The Reckham guy also seems very big - anyone know if he is on a 20mm or 25mm base? Is his left foot on a stone?

I love BloodDragon - any specifik model you had in mind, Skink? and how big are they (approx). I had the idea that BloodDragon was 32mm scale - and then they would be ‘way’ to big for a female in a dwarf army.

So that leaves me wit Logar the Executioner! Hmm! So, where do I find him in Europe? Haven’t been able to find him at eBay or my local Reaper-dealers.

Skink:

Well, Logar is good indeed!!! And surely he appears to be dark enough to fit a Chaos warband :)… I like female charachters (that’s why my Lord is a she) and the outlaw queen from the link i wrote previously is perfect for a slave: bandages around the feet, almost bare body (thus you can add scars, chains, bruises etc. etc.)

Swap that sword with an axe, paint some deep bags under her eyes and that’s it! You are done!

Ogrob:

Clam: I got mine from www.gamemaniacs.se, who might ship to Denmark.

EDIT: And now it looks like they no longer stock him.

clam:

Ogrob: I was just going to ask if you could guide me to it - and the I say your ‘edit’ :frowning:

So that leaves me with a direct order from Reaper (this model will go cost me a furtune) :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

- alternatives are still appreciated, especially now

Ogrob:

Sending you a PM.

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

clam:

GH X update  - or what should have been an entry

Some might have seen my complaining about the deadline for this event from the start. And some might also have seen me posting about not being able to finish in time. All dued to bad timing, some might say: But fact is that I can only spendt a few hours a week at my hobby desk, so I new - from the start - that this project would be a close call - and so, I didn’t make it. For that, I am sorry - would have loved to enter such a fine company.

So after a few requests, I’ve decided to show you my ‘surposed to be GH X’-entry

My Count as ‘Lord (on) Taurus’ - in the form of a Chaotic Daemon Prince with his puppet Dwarf toy.

Clam’s flying Circus:

Painting WIPs

Conversion/Sculpting WIPs

tjub:

An awesome idea and with an oldschool touch, too bad you didnt make it in time…

Ishkur Cinderhat:

Now this would have been an awesome entry! What’s cool is that everyone will be looking for the connection to the chaos dwarf theme and will find it at a second glance in the puppet. Shame you couldn’t make it. Hope you’ll finish this soon though, can’t wait to see it fully painted up.

Thommy H:

That’s a fantastic concept. You’d have definitely had a vote from me if you’d entered in time.

Bassman:

But the Chaos Dwarf is… the puppet! Nooooo, this is blasphemy!

Hashut will punish you forever :hashut

Jokes apart, it’s a very nice idea and very well executed. Great painting so far…